David C. Wilson Named Leader of the School of Public Policy at the University of California, Berkeley

David C. Wilson has been appointed dean of the Richard and Rhoda Goldman School of Public Policy at the University of California, Berkeley. He will take office on July 1.

Dr. Wilson currently serves as senior associate dean in the College of Arts and Sciences and is a professor of political science and psychological and brain sciences at the University of Delaware. Prior to his 2006 appointment at the University of Delaware, he was a senior researcher with the Gallup Polling Organization in Washington, D.C. Earlier in his career, Dr. Wilson was a policy researcher with the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation.

Professor Wilson is a nationally recognized scholar in the study of public opinion, racial attitudes, and policy preferences. He has a prolific publication record, a wealth of primary data collection experience, and is a sought-after presenter on public attitudes about race. His research reflects a profound concern with democratic practices and social justice and with the ways that attitudes and beliefs shape opinions about policy, political behavior, systemic issues, and public figures.

Professor Wilson holds a bachelor’s degree in government from Western Kentucky University and a master’s of public administration degree and a Ph.D. in political science from Michigan State University.


Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. James Magee says:

    As his former department chair, I persuaded Dave way back to leave Gallup and come to UD because he is extraordinarily talented and would enjoy academic life and be very good at it. Berkeley has had the good judgment to bring him on board to manage its School of Public Policy. Congratulations.

Leave a Reply

Due to incidents of abuse and harassment that have occurred in the past, JBHE will not publish telephone numbers or email addresses of individuals in this space. If you want to contact someone in a particular article, we suggest you contact them directly not in an open forum.