University of Missouri – St. Louis — Assistant Teaching Professor of Spanish
Filed in Faculty on April 14, 2017
Assistant Teaching Professor of Spanish – Job ID’s 22745 & 22747
The Department of Language and Cultural Studies at the University of Missouri-St Louis is seeking two non-tenure-track, full-time Assistant Teaching Professors of Spanish, effective August 15, 2017. Minimum requirements are:
- Masters degree in Spanish; PhD preferred
- native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English
- four years of successful university-level teaching experience
- demonstrated excellence in teaching, including familiarity with ACTFL proficiency guidelines
- experience with online instruction
- active involvement in professional activities preferred.
- Teaching 11-15 credit hours per semester of undergraduate courses (day and/or evening) at all levels of Spanish language, culture, and/or literature, in face-to-face, blended, and online format.
- Participation in departmental and university-wide service activities.
The anticipated salary is $39,000 to 42,000 with full benefits.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must provide a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and three letters of professional reference.
To Apply go to umsl.jobs or use this link: www.umsl.jobs
The Department of Language and Cultural Studies positions itself at the leading edge of developments that seek to re-orient language teaching towards transcultural and translinguistic competence. It is an undergraduate department with numerous study abroad programs that is situated in a culturally vibrant metropolitan area.
The University of Missouri-St. Louis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
APPLY NOW: http://www.umsl.edu/