REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
STATUS: FULL-TIME, EXEMPT, SALARIED
This position is responsible for providing comprehensive undergraduate academic advising, participating in campus-wide outreach activities and fostering the academic success of the students at Lake Erie College. The advising generalist must be responsive to the needs of a large number of highly diverse students and be prepared to work in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
- Coordinates communication with faculty regarding advising schedules and processes.
- Responsible for advising first-year students and other populations, as needed, to include collaborating with staff to support dual enrollment students.
- Maintains student advising records, monitors degree progress and completion.
- Coordinates the course-level placement and waiver process.
- Maintains the four-year advising plans, in conjunction with the deans.
- Assists with NCAA Division II Academic Eligibility Certification, including:
- Progress toward degree completion requirement review.
- Transfer student academic eligibility review.
- Provides leadership for retention and FYE programming.
- Coordinates academic development workshops for students.
- Assists students with program planning, general course selection and identifies academic support needs.
- Collaborates with Admissions, Financial Aid, the Bursar’s Office, Student Life and Athletics to support student academic success.
- Assists with new student orientation programs and campus visit days.
- Serves as an information resource for students, faculty and staff regarding College policies and procedures relative to academic advising.
- Collaborates with faculty and staff on the development and implementation of policies and procedures and communicates policies to campus stakeholders.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of advising-related College publications and materials.
- Other duties as assigned by VPAA and associate VPAA.
- Master’s degree in higher education, counseling or related field.
- Strong background and theoretical training in current academic intervention and advising practices.
- Knowledge of retention services, developmental education and specialized academic programming for a variety of populations.
- Direct and substantive experience in academic advising and/or retention support.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com (preferred method for applications) or Advising Generalist Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu. EOE