AccessLex Institute — Director, Programs for Diversity and Success
Filed in Administrative on April 19, 2017
As the cost of graduate education in the United States more than doubled in the 1990s and 2000s, one financial services organization pioneered loans that helped save law students hundreds of millions of dollars. Today, that organization has re-invested its loan revenue in an integrated set of projects and programs designed to directly increase the accessibility, affordability, and value of legal education.
AccessLex Institute, a non-profit membership organization composed of nearly 200 non-profit and state-affiliated ABA-approved law schools, is dedicated to becoming the premier source of clear, objective information that can guide law schools, researchers, and policy makers to empower the next generation of lawyers. AccessLex Institute is driven by a desire for sustainable, long-term choices that benefit legal and other graduate and professional education, with students taking center stage in its benefit analysis.
The heart of this strategic direction is AccessLex Institute’s new Center for Legal Education Excellence, which houses divisions devoted to three key priorities:
- Research and Data Division
- Policy Analysis and Advocacy Division
- Programs for Diversity and Success
The organization is currently seeking a Director – Programs for Diversity and Success, whose mission is to identify and promote the most promising approaches to diversity pipeline development for law school students and improved rates of completion of the law school curriculum and bar exam. The Director will serve as the senior diversity subject matter expert for the Center. In that capacity, s/he will lead a growing and national set of research, grant-making, and partnership-building activities in order to identify and promote interventions that have the greatest promise of (1) improving access to law schools for students from historically underrepresented or minority groups and from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and (2) supporting those students in their journeys to complete their degrees and become successful legal professionals.
The ideal Director – Programs for Diversity and Success will have:
- 8 to 10 years of professional experience in research and/or program development; some experience working in a non-profit setting is preferred.
- Sophisticated knowledge of at least one of the issue areas of the Programs for Diversity and Success (i.e., diversity pipeline building and/or student support); knowledge of issues related to diversity within higher education is preferred.
- Record of managing and evaluating the development of complex multi-stakeholder projects or programs.
- Experience coordinating or playing a primary role in a grant-making process designed to advance a strategic set of programmatic priorities.
- Record of building networks of program innovators, collaborators, and facilitators and of being sensitive to complex institutional and political relationships within long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Master’s or doctoral degree in social science, higher education, law, or a related field.
DRi is leading this search for AccessLex. For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.driconsulting.com or email email@example.com. Please be sure that emails state where you learned of this opportunity.