Harvard University — Staff Assistant III – Data Acquisition Assistant
Filed in Administrative on March 8, 2017
The Staff Assistant, Data Reporting is a full-time position within Alumni and Development Services. This position is responsible for providing support on projects involving retrieving, assessing, and batch loading confidential information working with AAD Enterprise Applications such as Advance. The position collaborates with the Assistant Director, Data Acquisition, to prepare information required for uploading or updating purposes per approved specifications. The position requires the ability to develop an understanding of Alumni Affairs and Development data, business purposes and policies regarding data usage, data analysis and integrity management techniques, AAD enterprise applications, and relational databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for using technology to post batch updates of data.
- Uses report writing tools and others, such as SQL, to assist with basic data extracts and analysis of data quality.
- Tests data batches prepared by the team in staging environments to ensure quality before loading into a production environment. Creates documentation demonstrating test cases and results.
- Takes responsibility for insuring the constant improvement of technical skills.
- Supports departmental activities as needed, including assisting in maintaining data as needed.
- The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
- 1 – 2 years of related office experience. Education may count towards experience.
- Must occasionally work evening and/or weekend hours.
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, and in particular, Excel
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment. Experience working in an academic environment.
- Communicates effectively with technical staff and non-technical staff.
- Must be motivated to learn and flexible to change.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be conscious of data security and risk management.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. Able to work effectively with internal and external constituencies in a University environment. Adept at evaluating problems accurately and displaying sound and confidential judgment. Must have an even disposition and be able to work effectively and politely with all people from all types of backgrounds and experience and in all types of situations.