Harvard University – Alumni Affairs & Development — Email & Web Support Associate
Filed in Administrative on March 17, 2017
AAD Engagement Applications Team Summary:
The AAD Engagement Applications team collaborates with business departments across the University to identify, implement, and support alumni, prospect, and donor facing technology solutions that support the alumni affairs and development business initiatives. The team manages multiple applications such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Certain Events, the Harvard Alumni Community, Alumni Magnet, and online e-commerce systems. The team supports email and event template creations, web site development, and UX design for central Alumni Affairs and Development in collaboration with AAD Creative Services. The team delivers customer-focused service in the areas of business requirements/solutions development, UX and web development, project management and implementation, production systems support, education, and end-user support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide HTML and CSS development and implementation of email and event templates to be used in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Certain Events.
- Refine and adapt existing email and event templates for both desktop and mobile.
- Work with visual designers to build HTML templates from flat design files.
- Work with end users with no HTML experience on using WYSISYG tools within supported products.
- Work collaboratively with the Creative Services team and Email Strategist to provide day-to-day user support for email sends, assist with testing cycles of new design implementations, and ensure University brand standards are followed.
- Collaborate with University-wide stakeholders to provide a wide range of HTML and other technical support for alumni.harvard.edu, Alumni Magnet, and additional AAD web presences.
- Provide high-quality and timely end-user support including through the triage of and response to help desk tickets.
- Coordinate with colleagues on the Education team to train and educate users on HTML and best practices within the supported tools. Identify common knowledge gaps to inform future training opportunities.
- Work closely with UX and Business Analysis colleagues to implement design adjustments to meet evolving product and business needs.
- Understand the whole of Marketing Cloud and the entire lifecycle of an email.
- The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
- Graduate from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with front-end web design/HTML experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience supporting and implementing web and email.
- Excellent command of HTML and CSS and the latest standards, specifically for email. Candidates will be tested on this knowledge during the application process.
- Experience with debugging email rendering issues in many different email clients — particularly the challenges inherent in coding an email for Outlook on desktop.
- A public portfolio with working examples or a significant consumer-facing website that you have worked on.
- Familiarity with best practices for Email Marketing design strongly preferred.
- Prior experience supporting Salesforce Marketing Cloud very helpful.
- Familiarity with standard CMS tools such as Drupal preferred.
- Detail-oriented, adept at evaluating problems accurately, and consistently displaying sound and confidential judgment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with technical staff and non-technical colleagues and customers.
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume environment while maintaining an even disposition and professionalism.
- Able to learn quickly and gain proficiency with the technologies in use in AAD.
- Strong command of cross-browser development techniques and browser degradation strategies (PC/MAC, IE, FF, Chrome, Safari, mobile devices).
- Understanding of usability and accessibility guidelines.
- Knowledgeable about media queries / responsive coding.
- Experience manipulating and optimizing images for use with web and email.
- Experience working in an academic environment preferred.