Colorado State University is recruiting a Procurement Manager of Residential Dining to join their Fort Collins Housing & Dining Services team.
Our State is Colorado, but Rams are built on a global scale. We unite in Fort Collins, where our diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences strengthen our community. True to our land-grant beginnings, we’re focused on practical solutions for today and tomorrow.
Colorado State University is committed to excellence, setting the standard for public research universities in teaching, research, service and extension for the benefit of the citizens of Colorado, the United States, and the world. Employees enjoy working in a vibrant and robust community, filled with collegiality and collaboration. The University also offers top benefits including unparalleled retirement and health plan options in addition to generous time off, befitting an organization that values its employees and the contributions they make.
The Residential Dining Services Procurement Manager is part of large department responsible for a $30M annual operating budget of which food, supplies, and expendable equipment is purchased. This position develops specifications for the procurement of foods, supplies, services, and equipment in accordance with the state, federal, and University rules and regulations. Additionally, the position oversees the daily operations of the Residential Dining Services’ storeroom/warehouse supervising 3 full-time employees, and 3 student employees, while assuring compliance of vendor contract agreements and the safe storage and delivery of goods to the departmental units.
- Holds a position of Limited Delegation Purchasing Agent – dotted line to central university procurement and authority to purchase at higher dollar amounts.
- Seek out options for achieving the highest quality and best price products for the university within state and fiscal policies.
- Develop and design specifications for 30 different categories of food, equipment, supplies and services to meet the need of Residential Dining Services and utilize good business practices.
- Develop vendor delivery schedules to campus food service locations to meet product needs of Residential Dining Services.
- Develop written IFB’s, RFP’s, for food and related items.
- Supervise the daily operations of the storeroom/warehouse for Residential Dining Services.
- Seek out and obtain samples of potential new products and set up testing to see if they match RDS’ needs and are at a good price point for RDS’ budget.
- Be able to analyze data received from documented quotes/bids and verify compliance, conditions and tabulate findings. Recommend final bid awards to the Director of Dining Services.
- Must possess ability to justify an award on final bid in writing and verbally if there is a protest by the current or potential vendor.
- Must possess ability to look at purchasing products through sustainability from local, organic or third party certified lens.
- Develop and manage vendor contract agreements by making modifications as approved by Director of Dining Services.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of progressive enterprise-level procurement experience
- Demonstrated experience managing a project in collaboration with different committees, organizations, and audiences
- Possess three years of progressive supervision and leadership experience
- Experience writing product specifications
- Experience with competitive solicitations, such as Invitation for Bids, Request for Proposals, etc.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Possess three years of management experience in a large volume food and equipment purchasing environment
- Experience working in a university or college environment, hotel, hospital, or other similar institution
- Experience with sustainable procurement (i.e. sourcing local, organic, and third party-certified products)
- Personal or professional commitment to diversity as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity outcome
- Possess three years of experience managing a central storeroom or warehouse which supports and services multiple venues
- Strong written communication, and organizational skills
- Experience with and proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Possess working knowledge of inventory management and accounting computer systems
- Experience using menu management software, such as CBORD, FoodPro, or Computrition
- Ability to collaborate across diverse constituencies and populations including various vendors, multiple
- University departments and internal management personnel
- Nationally recognized procurement certification such as C.P.M., CPSM, CPPB, CPPO
- Experience with a regulatory environment associated with a public, non-profit institution of higher education, or other governmental entity
Job Responsibilities breakdown:
- Procurement Management: 70%
- Storeroom Management: 20%
- Additional Duties: 10%
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy, and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to the following link: