Bellevue College — Criminal Justice, Tenure-Track Full-Time Faculty
Filed in Faculty on March 9, 2017
Applications received by 03/26/17 will be given first consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. The position will start Fall 2017.
The candidate will be required to teach courses across a broad Criminal Justice curriculum. The candidate will also be required to work on program development in collaboration with current faculty, the advisory board, and the Division Deans of Social Sciences and Institute for Business and information Technology. The instructor will teach a full instructional load (typically 45 credits for the year) and hold the appropriate number of office hours per week. Release time may be allotted for program development work. Additional responsibilities include assessment of student learning, student advising, curriculum development and participation in departmental, divisional, and college governance.
- Master’s degree in Criminal Justice, Criminology or related field
- A minimum of two years of law enforcement or related field
- Experience in college-level teaching
- Experience in teaching in computer and technological applications such as online course development and distance learning classes
- Working knowledge of Washington State law enforcement organizations
- Commitment to pluralism and the ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace and educational environment
- Experience with curriculum and program development
- Experience with or strong understanding of Digital Forensics or Cyber-security applications
- Ability to adapt to changing teaching schedules and teaching strategies
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Commitment in areas such as curriculum review and development and participation in departmental, divisional, and college decision-making forums, and the ability to work with faculty, staff, students and administration
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, go to www.bellevuecollege.edu/jobs
Application must include the below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
- Complete an online Application (note that stating “See Resume” on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete)
- Complete the Supplemental Questionnaire
- Attach a Cover Letter that addresses how you meet Minimum and Preferred Qualifications (max 2 pgs)
- Attach a Curriculum Vitae
- Attach a statement of your Teaching Philosophy (max 1 pg)
- Attach a Diversity Statement that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College (min 1pg, max 2 pgs). Please note that your Teaching Philosophy must be a separate response from your Diversity Statement.
- Attach copy of academic transcripts (unofficial transcripts may be submitted – official transcripts required upon employment)