Syracuse University — Director of Development, Program Development
Filed in Administrative on February 15, 2017
Director of Development, Program Development
The Director of Development will report to the AVP, Office of Program Development and will focus on fundraising. In particular, the Director will design and implement strategies, programs and activities that will bring African American and Latino alumni, parents and friends of the university to a position of significant giving and life-long commitment to the university and its programs. (S)he will work closely with the AVP as well as regional teams and development professionals representing SU schools, colleges and units. The Director of Development will carry a portfolio of Program Development’s current and prospective donors; will cultivate, solicit and steward major and principal gift donor prospects and current donors; assist in leading fundraising efforts and closing major gifts while assisting the AVP to effectively manage key alumni volunteers. This position is critical in the cultivation of new donors and converting the significant number of untapped donors of color.
The director will work closely with the central annual giving office to create and implement an alumni and parent lead annual fund appeal. He/she will serve as the primary liaison between the central annual giving office and the Whitman School of Management.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects of Black and Latino donors and alumni with the intent of reaching Program Development fundraising goals.
- Includes the cultivation of new donors and stewardship of existing donors.
- Develop strategies and implementation plans for targeted engagement events (both on campus and regionally) and diverse alumni campus visits; planned attendance during university sponsored activities that will provide access to prospective donors of color.
- Develop culturally relevant giving campaigns to drive donations, including but not limited to the Our Time Has Come Endowment Funds, leveraging digital platforms and channels (such as the Program Development website, university email/e-newsletters, and social media pages).
- Drive research on top tier prospects in an effort to cultivate giving, university award nominees and participation/engagement.
- Set Black and Latino alumni giving benchmarks and report on growth of diverse donors each quarter through a Program Development digital dashboard.
- Recommend editorial content for the Syracuse Manuscript publication; leverage Manuscript as a donor cultivation tool.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with multicultural marketing/sales experience.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Experienced in donor engagement and non-profit or higher education fundraising.
- Working knowledge of donor data/prospect management platforms, for alumni research and donor/prospect record keeping.
- Ability to lead alumni and student volunteers and connect with prospects in a warm and authentic way.
- Collaborative spirit and willingness to work with peers within the SU academic and administrative community.
- Expertise in developing communication messaging and events for multicultural audiences.
- Skilled in sales strategy and ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Support Executive Director in efforts to secure corporate partnerships.
- Passionate about fundraising, multicultural alumni achievement and student success.
- Alumni of SU who understands the multicultural student experience is a plus.
- High level of comfort with social media is a plus.
Please apply at https://www.sujobopps.com job #033369 and attach a cover letter and resume. Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs, services, and activities.
APPLY NOW: www.sujobopps.com