Ohio Northern University — Admissions Counselor
Filed in Administrative on February 18, 2017
Benefit package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription insurance, Life insurance, Workers’ Compensation insurance, Unemployment insurance, and Total Disability insurance. Retirement: The University contributes 4% of the regular salary with up to 3% additional in matched contributions into the TIAA Retirement Program. Other benefits include tuition remission for employee, spouse, and employee’s dependent children under the age of 25 (this does not include the last two year of the PharmD program or the JD), and twenty days of paid medical leave per year.
Serve as an Admissions Counselor for the Office of Admissions through counseling prospective students and families with a primary emphasis on the recruitment of underrepresented student populations to help achieve enrollment goals.
- Interview and correspond with prospective students and their families in person and via phone, mail, email and social networking
- Create relationships with prospective students and high school counselors
- Educate, counsel and guide prospective students in their college search process
- Utilize reports and past ONU travel history to coordinate a travel schedule including high school visits and college fairs in the designated area
- Track applications and application materials needed for prospective student admission in the assigned travel area
- Communicate and update faculty, staff, deans, department chairs, and coaches about interested and qualified prospective students regularly
- Assist with and attend all recruitment events, such as open houses, visitation days, multicultural visit days and student receptions
- Read files to determine the quality of prospective students, their fit for ONU, and their preparedness for various programs and majors
- Coordinate with the Assistant Director the implementation of all multicultural recruitment strategies, including communication by email, print and current Dimension Scholar calling nights
- Collaborate with and support the Office of Multicultural Development events to develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies
- Offer ideas on new and creative recruitment initiatives
- Oversee substantial projects impacting the long range future of the University.
- Regularly communicate with persons of importance, obtain the cooperation of others, and handle delicate relationships and complex situations
- Excellent organization, collaboration and communication skills and professionalism
- Ability to solve problems through the identification and analysis of diverse issues.
- Basic knowledge of professional theories and practices.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Up to one year of similar work experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Master’s Degree
- One or more years of similar work experience
Appointment Length: 12-Months
To view full description and apply online go to https://jobs.onu.edu/postings/4958
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer. Accordingly, no person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, transgender status, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, separation and other terms, condition and privileges of employment.
APPLY NOW: https://jobs.onu.edu/postings/4958