Lesley University — Director of Commuter Student Services
Filed in Administrative on February 28, 2017
About Lesley University:
Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Lesley University is highly regarded for its graduate and undergraduate programs in education, the arts, and applied social sciences. Lesley fosters a highly creative environment in which innovative ideas thrive, theory is integrated with practice and its 7,000 students and 83,000 alumni are empowered to improve and enrich communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and long-term-disability insurance. In addition, we offer generous amounts of vacation and holiday time, as well as a tuition remission policy that enables employees to expand their knowledge and skills.
The Director of Commuter Student Services serves as an important contact person for commuter students, advocates for their needs, and directs them to appropriate campus resources. This position is responsible for working collaboratively to develop and implement strategies to improve the quality of the commuter student experience on campus. This person will build community among commuter students, while working with the University community to improve our communications, increase access to services and resources, encourage opportunities for engagement and integration, and promote the spaces on campus that are welcoming to commuter students.
- Works collaboratively with the Student Activities, and other offices and departments in the Division of Student Life and Academic Development, to develop, deliver, and evaluate co-curricular programming that is inclusive of commuter students.
- Creates and executes communications aimed at connecting commuter students with appropriate resources as well as engaging them in campus life.
- Oversees the operation of the campus Food Pantry.
- Maintains Commuter Students web page.
- Publicizes the availability of lounge spaces that are warm and welcoming and provides an environment for students to study, socialize, and relax.
- Works collaboratively to publicize availability of lockers for commuter students.
- Works to ensure that, to the extent possible, university activities and programs are sensitive to the needs/schedules of commuter students and helping to craft an orientation program that considers the needs of commuter students. Works collaboratively with Campus Services to ensure that shuttle services are meeting the needs of commuters.
- Works collaboratively with Campus Services on publicizing a commuter meal plan.
- Works with Student Administrative Services to better accommodate the commuter student.
- Works collaboratively to administer a commuter student survey that is designed to better identify their needs.
- Master’s degree.
- 3-5 years professional experience working in college or university Student Activities.
- Professional experience working with traditional-aged and adult college students.
- Experience creating programs that promote all forms of diversity and inclusion for college students.
- Proficiency with using technology including MS Office (e.g., Outlook, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment office environment with diverse populations.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to analyze complex data, and experience managing departmental budgets.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; if you hold a visa, your visa status must allow you to work at Lesley University.
Salary Grade 25: $51,681 – $61,500
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
A cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references must be included for full consideration.
Applications will be reviewed upon the establishment of an appropriate pool of candidates.