Harvard University — Assistant Director, FAS Donor Engagement and Events
Filed in Professional on February 4, 2017
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a contact for FAS faculty and administrative leaders for development events and prospect appointments. With manager, identifies and recruits faculty and senior administrators for development-related events. Advises colleagues on the protocol for faculty contact for development activity. Ensures strategic use and acknowledgement of faculty development involvement, including identifying and coordinating opportunities for collaboration within the FAS Development organization.
- Manages speaker/academic programming and content for a range of development-focused events with fundraisers. Supports information flow in various ways, including by tracking faculty use and other record keeping to inform future decisions. Coordinates briefing process (in person meetings and written briefings) for faculty/administrators and follow-up with and/ acknowledgement to speakers.
- Works closely with frontline staff to organize faculty and/or administrator meetings for individual donor visits on and off campus.
- Creates and manages detailed itineraries for faculty and administrator trips that include development events and/or prospect visits. Works with manager and frontline regional directors to establish, prioritize, and implement prospect pipelines for select academic and administrative leaders in key cities.
- Coordinates and communicates with fundraisers on event and donor engagement strategies. Serves as event planning consultant to fundraising staff, as appropriate, and/or coordinates with event manager to facilitate planning logistics. Works to ensure that events are developed and implemented in ways that will advance the fundraising priorities of the FAS, University, and Campaign.
- Writes and directs distribution of event and prospect meeting briefings.
- With manager and other Assistant Directors, directs the work of a Staff Assistant, FAS Donor Engagement and Events.
- As needed, responsible for donor engagement and campaign-related projects at manager’s direction.
- Attends planning meetings, training sessions, and events. Attends other training sessions, conferences, and workshops as necessary.
- Cultivates favorable working relationships with institutional and external constituencies. Provides highest level of client service.
- Handles various administrative duties (e.g. arranging meetings, answering phones, maintaining files, entering data).
- The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
Must have a minimum of three years experience in planning and coordinating events and meetings, preferably in a fundraising and/or academic environment; proven ability in project management, preferably with events; knowledge of Microsoft Office software and must occasionally work additional evening and weekend hours. Some travel may be required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred; three or more years related office experience, preferably in an academic environment. Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to establish and promote good working relationships with alumni, colleagues, faculty, administrators, students, and vendors. Must be flexible and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks accurately under deadline pressure. Proven ability working in a complex organization and making informed decisions in the context of strategic organizational goals and policies. Must be able to work independently and take initiative. Must have ability to handle confidential materials with discretion.
- Must be a professional, proactive, creative, collaborative, conscientious, and results-oriented individual. Should have ability to think strategically and conceptually, and display sound judgment.
- Solid computer skills in a PC environment with the capability to master new software applications and technologies, including database management.
- Must be energetic, motivated to learn and open to change.
- Excellent speaking, writing, and client service skills required. Professional phone etiquette required.
TO APPLY: http://www.Click2apply.net/52c9wwgnmg