Elgin Community College — Talent Search Transitions Specialist
Filed in Administrative on February 14, 2017
Talent Search Transitions Specialist
The purpose should describe why the job exists. The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Manager of Talent Search Transition Grant in carrying out the prescribed ECC Talent Search grant from the Department of Education and to follow the guidelines for the Education Department of General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR) and Budget (OMB) and to report results to EDGAR and OMB. The Specialist will communicate directly with the targeted high schools and middle schools and assist in the recruitment and deployment of the Talent Search grant.
- Recruit train and match adult mentors for the program.
- Coordinate middle school and ECC visits.
- Coordinate educational support services.
- Serve as an advocate for faculty, staff and students.
- Provide referrals to colleges and community resources.
- Assist with data collection.
- Provide data summaries and audits of the Transistions Program.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in education, communications, behavioral sciences, organizational management or related field from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum five years experience in education, secondary or post-secondary.
- Documentable experience working with students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Ability to work well with middle school and high school students and their families.
- Strong written, interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with grants.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Posses strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Grant reporting experience is preferred.
- Experience with bookkeeping highly desirable.
- Experience working with diverse and first-generation college student populations preferred.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at:
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.