University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign — Assistant Director of New Student Programs (A1700028)
Filed in Administrative on January 27, 2017
OFFICE OF THE DEAN OF STUDENTS
Assistant Director of New Student Programs (A1700028)
Nature of Position:
The Assistant Director of New Student Programs is a full time academic professional staff member in the New Student Programs office, a unit of the Dean of Students. The Assistant Director oversees the implementation and evaluation of orientation programs and transition services for new freshman and transfer students. The Assistant Director reports to an Associate Director of New Student Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of student leadership training for Orientation Leaders and supervise Orientation Student Coordinators (4) and Orientation Leaders (80).
- Collaborate with the development and support of International Student Orientation and Fall Orientation/Welcome Days by providing direct oversight of specific programs within each orientation and scheduling all student employees for all programs.
- Serve on the New Student Convocation Committee.
- Develop and implement all aspects of the INBOUND Summer Experience for incoming students.
- Provide oversight of social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter) by both creating and editing to these outlets as well as responding to questions from incoming students received via social media.
- Assist in producing publications and media presentations related to New Student Programs.
- Assist in the assessment and evaluation of office programs and services.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate periodic/special operations reports and surveys.
- Participate in and contribute to professional development/activity (research, conferences, publications).
- Develop, utilize, and execute outcome assessment of the New Student Programs office objectives, services, and initiatives.
- Serve on various campus and division committees.
- Perform other related duties (including campus committees) to advance the unit, department, and division.
- 1. Demonstrated organizational, leadership, communication, and public relations skills.
- Ability to effectively assess programs and services.
- Ability to work autonomously; take initiative and able to think critically and creatively to solve problems.
- Ability to plan, implement, and assess complex programs.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administrators participating in orientation.
- Ability to work with and relate to a diverse student population of students, staff, and faculty who participate in office programs.
- Master’s degree in counseling, higher education, student personnel, or related field.
- One or more years of experience in collegiate student affairs, experience may be graduate work.
- Demonstrated staff training and supervision experience.
- Demonstrated experience in delivery and development of transitional programs for a diverse student body.
- Demonstrated experience with large programming for a diverse student body.
- Experience working directly with orientation programming post undergraduate.
- Experience supervising a large student staff.
- Strong Time Management skills.
- Demonstrated assessment experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism and ability to work with a diverse student group.
Appointment Type: Regular twelve month, 100% academic professional appointment.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Closing Date: In order to ensure full consideration, applications must be received by February 14, 2017. Applications will continue to be considered until the position is filled. Please complete a candidate profile at jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
Rhonda Kirts, Associate Dean of Students
Office of the Dean of Students
APPLY NOW: http://jobs.illinois.edu