College of DuPage — Coordinator, Tutoring Services
Filed in Professional on January 27, 2017
Concepts from all cultures
Expertise in every area
Dedication to each profession
It Takes a Community to SUSTAIN Success.
At College of DuPage, we believe that a community college should offer the advantages of an actual community. Ours is composed of highly diverse students, administrators, and professionals who are dedicated to furthering the future of our neighborhood and our world. We are the second-largest higher education institution in Illinois, dedicated to creating a positive influence on everyone whose life we touch. Our team strives to support and sustain the educational resources we offer with extensive knowledge, impressive service, and unparalleled expertise from individuals representing every culture imaginable.
Become a new member of our inclusive community as the Coordinator – Tutoring Services:
Coordinate and oversee the ongoing development and delivery of a comprehensive tutoring program at all College locations to assist students in achieving academic success and increase student retention. Research and implement new initiatives in tutoring. Serve as a member of the management team of the Learning Commons.
- Manage the reception of Tutoring Services’ applicants, staff and students. Develop and monitor the applicant flow process for those requesting or providing tutoring. Manage databases and provide a system of triage for student clients of Tutoring Services.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate student and non-faculty tutors, and instructional assistants. Oversee a comprehensive tutor training program appropriate to the tutor’s level of education and experience, keeping abreast of learning theory and best practices in tutoring. Establish ongoing staff professional development and training.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Learning Support Services coordinate Tutoring Services programs with various academic divisions and departments of the College. Collaborate with faculty in order to provide academic support of their curricula and teaching. Coordinate with the Center for Access and Accommodations to provide tutoring services for students with special needs.
- Coordinate online tutoring. Serve as liaison to the College’s Office of Instructional Development and Online College and a contact for the statewide online tutoring initiative.
- Oversee regularly conducted student surveys of tutoring services and participate in the creation of the Learning Commons annual report by providing analysis of Tutoring Services data and evaluation of Tutoring Services programs and services.
- Maintain and update a resource library of supplemental tutoring materials for Tutoring Services. Develop processes and procedures for centralized materials check-out and use.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Learning Support Services and other Learning Commons coordinators to market the Learning Commons and Tutoring Services specifically by providing exposure and outreach efforts to faculty, students and college community.
- Other duties as assigned.
Two (2) years extensive leadership or managerial experience in the field of learning assistance in a higher education setting. Experience with working with minorities, disabled individuals, working with adults in a higher education setting. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field.
Previous experience in learning assistance and with tutoring program software.
Master’s Degree in Education or related field.
Personal computer, MS Office software applications, copier, printer, scanner. May work evening/weekend hours. Occasional travel to off-campus sites required.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. College of DuPage is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the College.