Director, Undergraduate Research Center & External Scholarships
Binghamton University invites applications for the position of Director of its Undergraduate Research Center and Office of External Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards. The director oversees both offices and reports to the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and Enrollment. The desired starting date is July 1, 2017.
- Oversee and promote existing undergraduate research/creative activity initiatives, including the Summer Scholars and Artists Program, the annual undergraduate research journal, the University’s annual Research Days, and more
- Collaborate with faculty and staff across the University to extend access to undergraduate research/creative activity opportunities
- Represent the Undergraduate Research Center at University functions and events
- Maintain, coordinate, expand and publicize a scholarship database for graduate and undergraduate opportunities
- Oversee selection committees for University recognition and nationally/internationally competitive scholarships and awards
- Mentor and support undergraduate and graduate students in preparation for their application to national and international scholarship competitions (e.g. Goldwater, Truman, Udall, Gilman, Rhodes, etc.)
- Work with students and faculty to identify and support applicants for Fulbright scholarships
- Collaborate with faculty and staff across the University to identify and recruit students who would make good scholarship candidates
Candidates must demonstrate a strong understanding of scholarship, a commitment to high-quality undergraduate education, and experience in the recognition of high academic achievement. In addition, candidates must have:
- Evidence of effective academic mentoring
- A Master’s degree in a STEM or liberal arts discipline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 3-5 years of experience working with undergraduates
- Administrative experience
For a more complete job description and to apply, please visit http://ow.ly/rH8q3089JbQ.
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As required by title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University’s complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
APPLY NOW: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dg22w7v6vs