Harvard University — Director, MPA Programs
Filed in Administrative on October 5, 2016
Harvard Kennedy School
Faculty & Student Services
Degree Programs & Student Affairs
00 – Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Duties & Responsibilities
The Master in Public Administration (MPA) Programs Director serves as the administrative leader of the MPA programs, supporting the academic, professional and personal development and needs of all one-year Mid-Career students, including the Mason Fellows and all two-year MPA students (approximately 375 total). The Director leads the MPA Programs team, and is ultimately responsible for oversight of 30-35 seasonal staff/visiting faculty during summer programming on campus.
The Director works collaboratively with the Senior Associate Dean and Associate Dean of Degree Programs and Student Affairs (DPSA) and the MPA Faculty Chair in developing strategic priorities for the MPA programs in keeping with the strategic priorities of Harvard Kennedy School (HKS) and Degree Programs and Student Affairs (DPSA).
The Director provides individual and group advising in support of students’ well-being, success and completion of their degree requirements and develops and implements programs and services that enhance the MPA students’ learning environment and student life experience. The Director is the main point of contact for MPA students in crisis.
The Director assumes a leadership role in designing, managing and implementing the Mid-Career summer program, MPA programs orientation, Mason co-curricular programming, MPA seminars/workshops, feedback sessions and community-building/social events.
Additionally, the Director
- works collaboratively with other DPSA program directors and other key stakeholders (Registrar, Office of Career Advancement (OCA), Admissions, research center staff, Student Services, the Office of Student Diversity and Inclusion, and Alumni Affairs and Resource Development (AARD))
- works and consults with the MPA Faculty Chair on policy and advising and with faculty members to coordinate academic support as necessary
- serves as a member of the MPA Admissions Committee and MPA Admissions/Recruiting/Financial Aid Working Group
- works with staff of OCA to provide and promote strategies for professional development for MPA students
- provides pre-enrollment information and advice to significant numbers of potential applicants
- works with key HKS stakeholders on recruitment of underrepresented applicants to MPA programs
- provides stewardship to fellowship donors and HKS alumni in coordination with AARD
- develops and manages MPA programs budgets in consultation with the staff of DPSA Administration and Finance as well as other MPA program staff
Please upload your cover letter and resume as one document.
Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
APPLY NOW: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zz4mvxdd74