Harvard University — Assistant Director, Harvard College Fund Reunion Giving
Filed in Professional on October 6, 2016
This full-time exempt position in the Harvard College Fund reports to a Senior Manager and is responsible for Reunion and Annual Campaign Management. This position is responsible for securing both capital and annual support from alumni for the College and the Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) under the guidance of the Executive Director and the HCF Management Team. Manages a portfolio of Harvard College alumni classes including capital, leadership, and general gift prospects in both Reunion and non-reunion years. Works closely with staff and alumni leaders to identify, recruit, and manage volunteer committees to maximize dollar and participation results. The Class Officer/HCF Campaign Manager is responsible for developing and implementing class-wide fundraising plans and individual prospect strategies. Travels periodically over the course of the year to survey, enlist, solicit, and coordinate top donor prospects and class campaign leaders. This position requires a command of basic fundraising principles, a high level of organization, professionalism, and a broad familiarity with the objectives of both annual and capital fundraising. Strong written and oral communication skills are mandatory for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages up to five (5) Harvard College Alumni Classes including:
• One (1) Reunion Campaign;
• One (1) Pre-reunion Class with a focus on leadership development, top prospect identification, and key annual Leadership Gift solicitations;
• 2 or 3 Non-reunion Classes with a focus on Associates volunteer management and annual Leadership Gift prospects.
- Responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding leadership donors in Reunion. Determines independently and with Management assistance the solicitation strategies for capital and special gift assignments.
- Establishes Reunion Calendar including:
• Planning and execution of Reunion gift committee meetings;
• Planning and execution of strategic social events;
• Volunteer leadership conference calls and other modes of volunteer outreach.
- Responsible for annual solicitation strategy for Associates donors in non-reunion classes; serves as supervisor and manager for the volunteer fundraising efforts in those classes.
- Collaborates with HCF Management Team, Capital Giving, Gift Planning, Principal Gifts, FAS Research, Harvard Alumni Association (Reunion Program Office), Recording Secretary’s Office, volunteers, and donors to further the cause of Harvard fundraising efforts. May work with faculty and senior administrators on events and individual prospect meetings.
- Manages, trains, and mentors a full time Staff Assistant.
- In concert with the needs of FAS as a whole, works periodically on special projects in collaboration with the HCF Management Team and the FAS fundraising staff broadly, above and beyond strict adherence to the needs of the Fund, in order to create team spirit and for the betterment of the overall office fundraising objectives.
- A strong emphasis is placed on office and personal appearance. This employee must always present a neat, clean and professional appearance.
- The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
TO APPLY: http://www.Click2apply.net/x7rgr4y3w4