Hamline University — Associate Director, Global Engagement Center
Filed in Administrative on October 14, 2016
The primary purpose of the Associate Director position is to assist the Director of the Global Engagement Center and the University with the development and assessment of its global initiatives. This position also includes the supervision of the day-to-day activities of the Center and the staff.
- Develop and execute of a wide range services which will lead to an increase in Study Away programs, international student recruitment, international scholars and additional global initiatives.
- Assist in the development and management of budget operations.
- Supervise, motivate and retain Global Engagement Center staff.
- Establish priorities for staff and conduct annual reviews.
- Develop policies and procedures for Study Away activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new collaborations furthering the purpose of the Global Engagement Center.
- Create and implement a new learning outcomes and assessment rubric in collaboration with CLOA.
- Work closely with academic units across the University to develop and implement new intercultural collaborations within the Twin Cities Area.
- Co-chair the Community Global Advisory Board of the Global Engagement Center.
- Manage the update and roll-out of new Global Engagement Center branding.
- Monitor progress and manage projects assigned to the Global Engagement Center to ensure they are on track, both in terms of quality, budget, and timeliness, keeping director and others well informed.
- Maintain and up-to-date “inventory” of globalization-related recourses and programs available to the campus community.
- Interface with the professional development and leadership services offered by the Forum, NAFSA, Department of State, Department of Homeland Security, Overseas Citizens Advisory Committee, etc.
- Manage the development of web-based resources for globalization, including working with faculty, staff and students as requested.
- On-call duties for all Study Away emergencies, both on or off campus.
- Articulate student transcripts from educational institution abroad.
- Act as a back-up for SEVIS (F-1 and J-1 visas).
- All other duties as requested.
Hamline University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmation Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, national origin, age disability or protected Veteran status. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.