Elgin Community College — Tutor (Upward Bound), Mathematics
Filed in Faculty on October 13, 2016
Tutor (Upward Bound) – Mathematics
This is a part time position, up to 25 hours per week.
Tutors will be responsible for providing individual and group tutorial sessions for high school students in grades 9 – 12 in the target (U-46 & 300) school districts. Prefer that individuals provide tutorial sessions in alternative multi-discipline subject areas.
Provide classroom tutorial support and mentoring activities for high school students in algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Tutor / assist students with homework & ACT preparation
- Work in cooperation with other tutors & instructors
- Conduct individual and group tutoring sessions
- Provide encouragement to participants for academic persistence and success
- Attend in service training and Upward Bound staff meetings
- Attend cultural events during the Academic Year Component
- Record students performs on a daily / weekly basis