University of Denver — Director of Digital Communications | Marketing & Communications
Filed in Administrative on October 17, 2016
The Division Marketing and Communications serves as a strategic advisor to partners and units across campus, purposefully fulfilling partners’ goals and objectives, helping to increase knowledge, support enrollment and engage students, alumni, faculty and staff. The division proactively shapes the University’s brand and optimizes the University’s reputation internally and externally in a transparent manner. In words, in pictures, online and in the news media, the Division of Marketing and Communications shares the many stories of how DU and its people are improving the human condition, for the purpose of advancing the University’s strategies. The team specializes in brand management, strategic communication, community engagement, media relations, digital and social media strategy, website development, content training and strategy, print and online publications and videography and photography.
The University of Denver is seeking a strong leader to develop and build an integrated digital presence to advance its marketing and communications efforts. The Director of Digital Communications will report to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Brand and Marketing and manage a team of digital professionals, including web services, marketing analytics and social media. The Director of Digital Communications will lead digital strategy and goal setting as they ladder up to the overall business objectives for the University, coordinate digital communications across the University with many audiences, shepherd the University’s social media, interactive, and digital communications efforts, and offer guidance on search engine optimization. S/he will manage DU’s digital presence on the web. The Director of Digital Communications will work closely with key administrators across campus to identify and broadcast messages for the University’s communications channels. The Director of Digital Communications will also work closely with the Associate Vice Chancellor of Brand and Marketing and key individuals across campus to develop and implement a strategy for the University’s digital presence. S/he must have the ability to lead multiple complex projects that cross both media and organizational boundaries. Under the leadership of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Brand and Marketing, he/she will leverage internal expertise to manage digital resources strategically and to ensure that DU’s brand identity and messages are presented consistently and effectively across all digital platforms. S/he will review and serve as the University-wide point person for digital initiatives from customer relationship tools for admissions, to alumni and development tools, in order to leverage University resources. The Director of Digital Communications will proactively assess and adopt emergent technologies and strategies, and develop new programs accordingly. S/he will need to function as a visionary, strategist, implementer, and manager. Finally, the Director of Digital Communications must be committed to achieving measurable results and hold her/himself and her/his team accountable for producing them.
- Lead the strategy, execution, and implementation of all digital communications for University of Denver, including the web presence, analytics and social media.
- Work closely with the Vice Chancellor to ensure an integrated and strategic approach to all aspects of DU’s digital presence.
- Lead the dissemination of messages and digital/social media traffic between the University and key stakeholders including prospective students, alumni, and others.
- Serve as the point person with vendors and cross-campus clients for all digital marketing efforts, including paid online media, search engine marketing, interactive marketing, and internal/external partnerships.
- Track the impact of DU’s digital presence.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing extremely complex projects and processes.
- Detailed knowledge of public relations and marketing disciplines.
- Ability to be creative, resourceful, flexible, and a team player.
- Excellent planning and web project management skills across multiple simultaneously developing platforms such as websites, social media, apps, mobile, etc.
- Ability to set, manage, and ensure teams meet deadlines.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to integrate disparate and fragmented content and processes across departments.
- Excellent collaborator.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with technical and non-technical colleagues to successfully execute web projects in support of marketing and business development goals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal teams, contractors, and consultants.
- Fluency in industry best practice tools and techniques for site optimization, and the capacity to successfully prioritize and implement improvements.
- Sophisticated understanding of digital user behavior and ability to apply these insights to develop more user-friendly experiences.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of eight years related experience with at least three years in a management position.
- Experience and facility with CRM and CMS platforms, data management, HTML, and other development platforms.
- Master’s degree.
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm, with some additional hours as projects require.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.