University of Denver — Clinical Professor (Open Rank), Social Work
Filed in Faculty on October 12, 2016
The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is a vibrant community of scholars and teachers committed to having a diverse faculty and student body. The School’s curriculum, research, and community partnerships emphasize social and economic justice, along with an understanding of and respect for social, political, and cultural diversity both nationally and internationally. GSSW provides an intellectual, collegial, and supportive environment that fosters interdisciplinary and international educational opportunities. Our strong educational and training infrastructure includes child welfare, programming and services for children and youth, distance education, family systems and therapy, gerontology and aging services, human-animal connection, mental health, community leadership and social policy, and global practice. GSSW engages in collaborative projects locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Applications are invited for a full-time, twelve-month, benefited, non-tenure track Clinical Professor (open rank) starting December 1, 2016. The Graduate School of Social Work is seeking to add a colleague whose innovative ideas, online teaching skills and program development expertise support our mission of educating MSW students and fostering social and economic justice. The position’s primary responsibility is to the Online MSW program which includes developing online courses and assisting with coordination of the online curriculum. The faculty member will teach courses in the Denver, Four Corners, Western Colorado and Online MSW programs. For more information about the GSSW curriculum, and the University of Denver, please visit www.du.edu/socialwork.
- Teach courses in the Online MSW program, develop courses and assist in coordination of the online curriculum.
- Mentor and advise MSW students and engage in community service activities that promote the mission of the school.
- MSW Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years post-MSW practice experience.
- 4-5 years of higher education classroom and online teaching experience.
- Ability to teach in both the Foundation and Concentration curriculum in the MSW programs.
- Excellent online teaching skills and experience.
- Ability to mentor and advise MSW students and engage in community service activities that promote the mission of the School.
- Expertise in the areas of generalist practice, mental health and trauma.
- Social work practice experience with diverse populations that will contribute to the diversity of the academic community.
Applicants must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position please contact: Jean East at Jean.East@du.edu.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter that illustrates your interests and expertise in teaching, curriculum and student development
Additionally, three letters of reference should be sent directly to:
Amanda Moore McBride, MSW, PhD
Morris Endowed Dean and Professor
University of Denver
Graduate School of Social Work
Craig Hall 306
2148 South High St.
Denver, CO 80208
Applications will be reviewed beginning September 6, 2016 and continue until the position is filled. Early application is advised. The position responsibilities will begin on or before December 1, 2016.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.