The Office of Enrollment Services and Student Engagement (ESSE) at the University of Tennessee at Martin is accepting applications for IT Manager. The Office of Enrollment Services and Student Engagement is a high-impact, far-reaching, forward-thinking department that interacts with various on-campus and off-campus constituents, and simultaneously handles multiple, on-going projects. This position develops and executes strategic and highly coordinated partnerships with campus IT, university marketing efforts, administrative directors, and other strategic partners. This position will require interaction with supervisees, external vendors, colleagues within ESSE, and faculty/staff from across UTM’s campus. This position will require occasional night and weekend hours.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage data integrity and strategic reporting needs for Academic Records, Undergraduate Admissions, Financial Aid and Scholarships, and Student Success Center.
- Manages the functions of the information technology needs of the user community.
- Manages employees performing information technology.
- Supervises the CRM Coordinator and Senior Admissions Specialist, including functioning as lead programmer for CRM.
- Identifies, evaluates, supports and solves complex issues related to area of expertise.
- Develops and expands professional and leadership skills.
- Provides supervision, technical guidance, and direction to others in solving technical problems.
- Provides in-depth industry knowledge to identify strategic areas of development.
- Researches and trains on new technologies and management procedures as appropriate.
- Performs advanced analysis and problem solving to complete specific assignments.
- Serve on committees, work on special projects, and undertake special assignments promoting ESSE and UT Martin;
- Develop and oversee or lead the implementation of necessary training workshops;
- Positively present the University to a variety of constituent groups to enhance both the recruitment of students and the image of the University;
- Positively represent the University to the City of Martin and surrounding communities;
- Serve as a member of the ESSE Leadership Team;
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate should have experience with and passion for personally investing in the success of college students, and the expectation of contributing to our team immediately. The successful candidate should possess a sense of humor and a sincere desire to serve our students, UT Martin, and the surrounding community. The successful candidate should demonstrate flexibility and energy, and be able to think quickly on his/her feet. The successful candidate should be committed to professional development.
The minimum qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s (Master’s Preferred) Degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field;
- 5 years of experience in a college/university;
- Strong desire to see UT Martin flourish and thrive;
- Elevated sense of personal initiative and accountability;
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills;
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
The desired qualifications are:
- SQL Programming experience and analysis and design
- CRM experience
- Experienced user of Banner
- Project lead in CRM integration between SIS and third-party software
- Experience preferred in supervising staff
- Track record of professional development and engagement with appropriate professional organizations
This position will report to the Executive Director of Enrollment Services & Student Engagement (ESSE). In-person and e-mail contact is expected on a regular and frequent basis. Written reports may be expected concerning specific situations. This position is expected to hold regular office hours and check e-mail frequently.
To apply for this position, please visit our Online Employment System at www.utm.edu/departments/personnel/employment.php. Applications will only be accepted through this system. For questions, please call (731) 881-7845.