Miami University — Assistant Vice President & Division CIO
Filed in Administrative on September 6, 2016
Job Summary: Job ID: 3271 – Unclassified – FT (Salaried)
The position serves as the IT Leader for the Finance & Business Services Division and is the primary leadership liaison for information technology between Finance & Business Services and the IT Services Division. This position jointly reports to the Vice President for Information Technology Services and to the Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Services.
As the functional technology leader for the division, s/he will work directly with the CFO and his/her direct report staff to:
- identify and manage key IT process imperatives across F&BS, defining the required services, performance expectations, resource requirements and prioritization and operating costs associated with each client imperative;
- evaluate new and emerging technologies including technology devices, bringing to F&BS Leadership opportunities for intra- and inter-divisional benefit;
- facilitate the idea management process and the development of a common F&BS project portfolio process, which includes project sequencing and prioritization within the F&BS division;
- translate high-level business requirements and strategies into a clearly defined and agreed upon set of technology initiatives, proviing direct support to the CFO in cross-unit project prioritization/sequencing activities;>
- support F&BS unit leadership in advancing change management activities resulting as identified by the F&BS leadership team and Lean project teams, inclusive of project funding, staffing, and training, required to successfully implement and sustain change; and
- communicate F&BS decisions, priorities, and relevant operational information to the appropriate IT Services staff regarding required F&BS services and projects, providing the client’s perspective on all operational and initiative-driven activities to ensure client satisfaction.
A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer and Information Systems, Business Systems or other similar related area of study earned by date of hire, plus 10 years of experience working in an information technology area.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the abilities, knowledge, and skills listed above may be substituted.
- Proficient in managing functional requirements; proficient in managing, documenting, and translating business requirements to functional requirements.
- Proficient with communication skills (presentation, listening, written), possesses active listening skill and an ability to present to audiences and write clear, succinct, structured documents and messages.
- Proficient with problem solving, including an ability to research, identify and resolve problems.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities should be directed to Ms. Mary Jane Leveline at (513) 529-2027. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.