Listening > Responding > Contributing
SHARE YOUR PASSION
You’re good at what you do, and you know why it matters. Here is an opportunity to bring your expertise into a dynamic environment and increase the positive impact of your talent. Apply your skills and experience in a new way, and spread your enthusiasm for excellence at Harper College.
We welcome you to inspire others, contribute to your profession, and enjoy the complete educational experience, collegial setting, and advanced resources of Harper. Share more than your expertise. Share your passion for success.
STUDENT CONDUCT OFFICER & OUTREACH COORDINATOR
The College is seeking candidates for the position of Student Conduct Officer & Outreach Coordinator. The successful candidate will educate the campus about appropriate behavioral expectations for students, College policies and procedures and means of resolving conflicts formally and informally. The Student Conduct Officer & Outreach Coordinator serves as an advocate for students by promoting a fair conduct process, providing education about students’ rights and responsibilities, and advising faculty and staff on respectful and appropriate means of addressing behaviors that adversely impact the educational environment. You will review and resolve referrals of student misconduct through coaching, informal resolution, adjudication, and oversight of formal hearing processes. You will conduct student conduct investigations and may assist with student-related Title IX investigations.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education (Student Affairs) or related area
- Two years of full-time experience preferred, adjudicating student conduct cases, including conducting trauma informed sexual misconduct investigations and/or conducting campus threat assessments/serving on a campus threat assessment/behavioral intervention team.
- Knowledge of federal laws including FERPA, Title IX, and ADA, and best practices in student conduct administration.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and priorities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organization and detail orientation skills.
- Commitment and focus on fairness, student learning, and student development required.
- Demonstrated experience with problem-solving, mediation, conflict resolution, with exposure to restorative-justice principles/practices preferred.
- Active membership in the Association for Student Conduct Administration (ASCA), including past attendance at the ASCA Gehring Academy preferred.
- Experience using Maxient™ preferred.
** To view job details and apply online, please go to: http://jobs.harpercollege.edu/cw/en-us/job/492734?lApplicationSubSourceID=
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.