Elgin Community College — Career Development Specialist V
Filed in Faculty on September 1, 2016
Career Development Specialist V
This is a part time position, up to 25 hours per week.
Provide career counseling to current and prospective students, alumni, and community members. Administer personality and ability assessments tests. Prepare and deliver presentations on career development and job search topics. Assist in the planning and development of new career services programs.
- Counsel students, alumni and community members to identify and implement chosen career objectives. Provide individual assessment testing to assist participants in integrating career choices with various diverse personal challenges and concerns. Make referrals to external professional resources for assistance if necessary.
- Develop and deliver presentations on career planning and development, resume development and interviewing skills to ECC classes and community organizations.
- Coach students, alumni and community members on personalized job search strategies, including critique of resumes, cover letters, and mock interviews.
- Represent the Career Services division at college events; assist Career Services management in development of strategies to promote career counseling services.
- Serve on college committees to ensure course programming that provides career development education.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.