Elgin Community College — Adjunct Faculty, Mandarin Language
Filed in Faculty on September 30, 2016
Adjunct Faculty – Mandarin Language
This is a part time position, up to 25 hours per week.
Adjunct teaching faculty provide instruction aligned with the college’s strategic goals and evaluate students’ progress to facilitate achievement of their educational goals.
- Conduct assigned classes and/or labs
- Prepare lessons
- Provide course syllabus (which shall include grading standards, attendance policies, classroom behavioral expectations, course outline and contact information)
- Verify student enrollment and submit grade sheets
If a lab is involved:
- Prepare labs
- Enforce lab safety procedures
Evaluate Student Progress
- Keep accurate record of student performance
- Provide students with timely feedback
Provide Student Assistance
- Maintain office hours and voice-mail/e-mail communication
- Refer students to student support services
- Accommodate special needs students
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of this position and it is not intended to be exhaustive.
In addition to the job description, faculty members teaching in grant supported programs are required to adhere and to comply with all provisions, qualifications, policies, and procedures set forth in the grant. In the event that the grant requirements contradict or add to the job description, the requirements of the grant will take precedence.