Columbia College Chicago — Director of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment
Filed in Administrative on September 6, 2016
Located in the thriving downtown metropolis of Chicago, Columbia College Chicago is an institution whose principal commitment is to provide a comprehensive educational opportunity in the arts, communications, and public information within a context of enlightened liberal education. Building on its heritage of creativity, innovation, and strength, Columbia College Chicago continues to challenge its students to realize their abilities according to the School’s motto, “esse quam videri” – to be rather than to seem – and encourages its students to become authors of the culture of their times. It is the largest and most diverse private, non-profit arts and media college in the nation with more than 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students taking classes in over 100 academic majors or programs.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment is responsible for designing and executing recruitment plans and strategies to meet enrollment goals. In addition to a focus on first year undergraduate students, this position will develop and support recruitment strategies, coordinate admission counseling, oversee communications, engagement with prospective and applied students, and manage student services regarding the recruitment of all populations, including under-represented, veteran, and transfer students. The Director will be responsible for the hiring, training and supervision of a staff of 43 and will have oversight of a total $4 million operational and recruitment budget. Additionally, the Director must be adaptable and willing to make course corrections when necessary, will be expected to represent Columbia College Chicago at national and local events and programs, serve and lead various committees as needed, and be actively involved in the analysis and attainment of enrollment goals.
A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree is preferred. Documented leadership in a progressive management role in admissions in higher education is required. An understanding of best practices in enrollment marketing and data-driven decision making and, demonstrated success in an admissions role is expected, as are the following:
- evidence of excellent planning, organizational, customer service, leadership and supervisory skills;
- evidence of excellent oral and written communication skills, including effective public speaking and presentation skills;
- demonstrated ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment, and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- demonstrated knowledge of undergraduate recruitment strategies and experience in predictive modeling, financial aid leveraging, and data analysis;
- demonstrated ability to think strategically, develop collaborative team relationships within the Division of Enrollment Management, and lead within a large, diverse organizational structure and culture; and
- demonstrated experience with integrated student information systems and innovative technologies for recruitment and admissions is also required.
Review of applications will begin October 7, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. A resume with an accompanying cover letter may be submitted via the Spelman Johnson website at www.spelmanandjohnson.com/open-positions. Nominations for this position may be emailed to Kendra E. Dane at firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants needing reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process should contact Spelman Johnson at 413-529-2895.
Columbia College Chicago – Director of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment
Kendra E. Dane, Search Associate
Visit the Columbia College of Chicago website at www.colum.edu
Columbia College Chicago encourages qualified female, LGBTQ, disabled, and minority individuals to apply for all positions.