Bridgewater State University — Assistant Professor, School Counseling
Filed in Faculty on September 23, 2016
The Department of Counselor Education invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the area of School Counseling to begin fall 2017. Bridgewater State University (BSU) is a comprehensive university in southeastern Massachusetts. The Department has 6 full-time faculty and a full time Director of Fieldwork serving two CACREP programs, School Counseling and Mental Health Counseling and a Student Affairs master’s program. The School Counseling programs are in line with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) regulations for initial license as a School (Guidance) Counselor in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Teach graduate counseling courses as a part of a 3:3 teaching load, primarily courses in school counseling; teaching general counseling courses; and the option of summer teaching. Department faculty advise graduate counseling students and engage in scholarship and service to BSU and the community. The Department of Counselor Education is committed to fostering diversity and infusing ethics and best practices within our curriculum. Candidates should have an ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning, work collaboratively, and demonstrate a commitment to public higher education.
- Doctorate in Counseling or Counselor Education from a CACREP-accredited program specializing in School Counseling by September 1, 2017
- Hold a current license in School Counseling in Massachusetts or is license eligible at the start date for this position
- Evidence of effective teaching experience in a higher education setting
- Evidence of effective supervision experience
- Evidence of scholarly activities related to school counseling, school counselor training, and/or critical issues facing school-aged children and their families
- Membership and commitment in school counseling and counselor education-related professional organizations.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please visit BSU’s jobsite at https://jobs.bridgew.edu for full job details and to submit an application.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.