Bridgewater State University — Assistant Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders
Filed in Faculty on September 30, 2016
The Communication Sciences and Disorders Department is housed within the College of Education and Allied Studies, one of the four colleges on our beautiful 287 acre campus in Southeastern Massachusetts, midway between Boston and Cape Cod. Our new master’s program in speech language pathology, as one of the university’s growing number of innovative academic programs, aims to ensure that our students are prepared to think critically, communicate effectively and act responsibly within a context of personal and professional ethics.
Duties include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Speech-Language Pathology, participating in undergraduate and graduate CSD program development, student advisement, and service to the university and community. This is a full-time, tenure track position with outstanding benefits and, opportunities for summer teaching and research grants.
- Applicant must possess a terminal degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.), ASHA CCC/SLP, and Massachusetts Licensure in SLP (or eligibility)
- 3-5 years of clinical experience required.
- Applicants with any area of specialization will be considered.
- The applicant should demonstrate excellence in teaching and advising, and the ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural environment that fosters diversity. The applicant should be committed to public higher education, engaged in scholarly activity, and able to use technology effectively in teaching and learning.
- Prior part time or full time college teaching preferred.
- Applicants with at least 3 years of clinical experience in adult language disorders/ aphasia, TBI, cognitive disorders, AAC, voice, fluency, dysphagia, or medically related fields, are especially desirable.
Please visit BSU’s job site at https://jobs.bridgew.edu for full position details and to apply on-line.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.