The University of North Texas at Dallas — Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
Filed in Administrative on August 17, 2016
The University of North Texas at Dallas, the only regionally-accredited public university in the City of Dallas, invites nominations and applications for the position of Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs (Provost). This young and growing urban institution with a diverse and predominantly first generation student body of nearly 2500 offers 20 undergraduate programs and eight graduate programs including the Juris Doctor.
The Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs reports to President Bob Mong and oversees the day-to-day academic operations of the Schools on campus and the College of Law in downtown Dallas. The Provost serves as the chief academic officer of the University, provides visionary leadership, and promotes academic excellence and success within the faculty, staff, and students.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and experienced academic leader who is committed to the University’s mission of transforming the lives of students, families, and communities through quality education.
This is the job of a lifetime for the right person—a wonderful opportunity to have an impact on a young and growing university. The successful candidate for Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs will be able to demonstrate that he or she meets these minimum qualifications.
- Doctorate from a regionally-accredited U.S. university or equivalent international institution
- Five years of university-level faculty and administrative experience
- A significant history of academic achievement
- A strong record of successful academic administrative experience in progressively responsible positions, which include budgeting, policy, and academic program development
- Experience in fostering collaboration between academic programs to create interdisciplinary educational experiences for students
- Experience in faculty governance, leadership, mentoring, and faculty development
- Knowledge of enrollment management, facility planning, and fundraising functions (such as grant writing)
- A record of achieving institutional goals and directing major projects from inception to completion
- A sensitivity and commitment to the educational and personal goals of a diverse student, staff, and faculty campus
- Knowledge of accreditation standards set forth by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) or another regional accrediting body, as well as other accreditors such as the American Bar Association.
- A record of compliance with state and federal education guidelines related to curriculum development, program implementation, and student privacy
- A spirit of imagination, openness and collegiality, coupled with the ability to act decisively, proactively, and fairly
- Ability to evaluate proposed partnerships analytically and with a sense of discernment and entrepreneurship
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Faculty experience at the rank of Professor
- Experience with evaluating tenure-line faculty
- Experience with a non-traditional student body and first generation college students
The University’s profile and other information about the position can be found at: http://academic-search.com/sites/default/files/UNTDProvostprofile.pdf.
PROCEDURE FOR NOMINATIONS AND APPLICATIONS:
Inquiries, nominations, and applications are invited. Applications received by September 26, 2016, will be given full consideration. Send a letter addressing the required qualifications and desired attributes; a curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of five references. All submissions will be treated in confidence and should be sent electronically (MS Word format preferred) to UNTDProvost@academic-search.com. The committee is assisted by Dr. Wanda Durrett Bigham, Senior Consultant, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 334-425-6865.
The University of North Texas at Dallas is an EO/AA employer