University of Connecticut — Administrative Services Specialist 2, School of Law
Filed in Administrative on August 21, 2016
The School of Law is seeking a full-time Administrative Services Specialist 2 (UCP 4) to work in its One-Stop Department. The incumbent will report to the Registrar and will assist in managing a number of administrative functions for the Registrar and will assist in supporting the Bursar, Student Services, and Admissions when needed, as well as supporting the Law Library Acquisitions Office. The position will be based at the School of Law in Hartford. Evening and weekend hours may be required in support of program activities and events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides administrative support in the Registrar’s Office including processing of transcript and enrollment verification requests; completion of certification forms; and responding to basic phone and in-person inquiries. Performs office management duties; directs the workflow, reviews and processes administrative paperwork, which includes fiscal, budget and student enrollment issues; checks paperwork for accuracy and adherence to policies and procedures. Maintains fiscal records and administrative files for the Law Library Acquisitions office including purchasing and other disbursements. This includes accounting and bookkeeping functions for multiple revenue and ledger accounts. Prepares and processes for payment electronic and paper invoices received for library materials. This requires: interpreting bibliographic and check-in information to verify the accuracy of the invoices and the receipt of the materials; and, selecting correct order records for entering payments. Updates order records maintained in the library’s online system (ALMA) and verifies that activity on these records corresponds with that entered on the University’s accounting system (KFS). Using the University’s accounting system (KFS), verifies and enters transactions such as invoices, requisitions and other disbursements; records encumbrances and expenditures; follows up on related issues. Devises, modifies and maintains student records. Prepares and edits standard correspondence and reports. Provides on-site support for the programs on weekends and evenings. Establishes procedures to implement operational and/or fiscal policies. Assists in resolving budget and other business problems for the program. Assists in the planning of program marketing activities as well as alumni projects and events. Maintains and updates program databases of prospective students and current students.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years related experience in a progressively responsible administrative support position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with University staff, faculty, students and external constituents.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to resolve administrative problems efficiently, effectively, and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and meet deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products and an ability to learn new software as necessary.
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends in support of program activities and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- One to three years of experience working in the business office of a university department.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer support role with skills related to quality control, problem solving, listening, phone etiquette and multitasking.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PeopleSoft or similar student administration system(s).
- Demonstrated knowledge of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume and contact information for three (3) professional references at www.jobs.uconn.edu, staff positions. Review of applications will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2017063)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on August 31, 2016.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
APPLY NOW: http://www.Click2Apply.net/sqg9m6trhx