University of California, Los Angeles — Temporary Faculty Positions 2017-18, Department of Mathematics
Filed in Faculty on August 4, 2016
The Department of Mathematics at the University of California, Los Angeles, invites applications for temporary and visiting appointments in the categories 1-4 below. Depending on the level, candidates must give evidence of potential or demonstrated distinction in scholarship and teaching. Applicants must possess a Ph.D. and should have outstanding accomplishments in both research and teaching.
- E.R. Hedrick Assistant Professorships: Appointments are for three years. The teaching load is four one-quarter courses per year.
- Computational and Applied Mathematics (CAM) Assistant Professorships: Appointments are for three years. The teaching load is normally reduced by research funding to two one-quarter courses per year.
- Program in Computing (PIC) Assistant Adjunct Professorships: Applicants for these positions must show very strong promise in teaching and research in an area related to computing. The teaching load is four one-quarter programming courses each year and one additional course every two years. Initial appointments are for one year and possibly longer, up to a maximum service of four years.
- Assistant Adjunct Professorships and Research Postdocs: Appointments are normally for one year, with the possibility of renewal. Strong research and teaching background required. The teaching load for is six one-quarter courses per year.
- RTG Assistant Adjunct Professorship in Analysis: Salary is $59,400, and appointments are for three years. This position is limited to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have received a PhD within 18 months of June 1, 2017. The successful recipient will receive a summer stipend of $10,000 for two summers and $9,000 over three years for travel, equipment, and supplies. The teaching load is three one-quarter courses per year.
Appointments will be effective July 1, 2017 or later. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. For fullest consideration, all application materials should be submitted on or before November 15, 2016.
Applications and supporting documentation must be submitted online via http://www.mathjobs.org.
All letters of evaluation are subject to UCLA campus policies on confidentiality. Refer potential reviewers to the UCLA statement of confidentiality at https://www.apo.ucla.edu/policies/the-call/summary-of-procedures/summary-10-statement-of-confidentiality
Lecturer Positions in Mathematics:
The UCLA Department of Mathematics receives on an ongoing basis applications for quarter positions (Fall/Winter/Spring or for Summer Session) for Lecturers to teach undergraduate Mathematics, Financial Actuarial Mathematics, or Math Education courses. Positions are very limited and temporary. Responsibilities include lecturing, conducting office hours, writing and grading exams and supervising teaching assistants. Previous teaching experience at the college level or extensive actuary experience is required and a Ph.D is preferred. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: UC Nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action Policy, http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.
The University of California asks that applicants complete the Equal Opportunity Employer survey for Letters and Science at the following URL: http://cis.ucla.edu/facultysurvey/. Under Federal Law, the University of California may employ only individuals who are legally authorized to work in the United States as established by providing documents specified in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.