University of California, Davis — Associate Dean for Research, School of Nursing
Filed in Administrative on August 3, 2016
The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis seeks to hire a visionary and dynamic associate dean for research to lead the school’s research program and serve as a member of its senior leadership team.
The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis was founded in 2009 with a $100 million grant from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation. Through this financial support and a shared vision to advance health, faculty, students and staff aggressively launched a research program focused on improving health and reshaping health systems in partnership with communities served. Together, they work to confront the barriers to population health and the challenges burdening health care in the U.S. Researchers strive to assure that prevention and care places individuals, their families and their communities at the center of all they do.
This UC Davis position provides a number of unique opportunities to:
- lead the development of a young research program focused on rapidly and effectively improving care
- join a creative faculty and further develop and hire tenure-track research faculty over the next five years
- receive dedicated research staff support at both the school and university levels
- participate in transdisciplinary collaboration with researchers throughout UC Davis
- earn a generous compensation package that includes relocation and start-up funds
- work from a brand-new, state-of-the-art facility, Betty Irene Moore Hall, which is designed to sustain our vision of innovation
UC Davis Health System includes the School of Nursing, the School of Medicine, a 619-bed acute-care teaching hospital and a 1000-member physician practice group. It is home to a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, an international neurodevelopmental institute, a stem cell institute and a comprehensive children’s hospital. Other nationally prominent centers focus on advancing telehealth, improving vascular care, eliminating health disparities and translating research findings into new treatments for patients. Together, they make UC Davis a hub of innovation that is transforming health for all. For more information, visit healthsystem.ucdavis.edu.
For full position descriptions and to apply, visit http://nursing.ucdavis.edu/ourteam/join.
UC Davis is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity among its faculty, staff and students.