University of Alabama — Assistant / Associate Professor, Human Nutrition
Filed in Faculty on August 27, 2016
College of Human Environmental Sciences
Department of Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management
Applications are now being accepted to fill two
ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR positions in Human Nutrition
9 MONTH, TENURE TRACK – Start date 8/16/2017
The Department of Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management at the University of Alabama (UA) seeks to fill two newly-designated faculty positions at the Assistant or Associate Professor levels in Human Nutrition.
The Department is a growing department with a thriving faculty, is one of five departments in the College of Human Environmental Sciences at UA, and offers an undergraduate degree in Food and Nutrition, a Coordinated Program in Dietetics, and a Didactic Program in Dietetics. The department also offers a Master of Science in Human Nutrition and supports a Nutrition concentration in the Ph.D. in Health Education/Promotion program.
The University of Alabama is ranked among the top 50 public universities in the nation with a focus on research, teaching, and citizenship and is one of the most beautiful college campuses in America. UA is a national leader among public universities in the enrollment of National Merit Scholars and is the senior comprehensive doctoral-level institution in Alabama. It is located in vibrant Tuscaloosa, a metropolitan area of approximately 160,000, with a warm and sunny climate.
Qualifications: Applicants should have a strong background in nutrition with the ability to establish and sustain a research agenda in the area of human nutrition.
- PhD (required) or DrPH (required) in nutrition or a nutrition-related field.
- Registered Dietitian (preferred).
- Must have completed at least 18 hours of graduate level nutrition courses.
- Evidence of the ability to teach at the collegiate level.
- Evidence of the potential to establish a related research program.
Responsibilities: Teaching, research, and outreach to articulate with the mission of the university, including:
- Teach courses as needed at the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral level.
- Establish an active, focused research program in the area of nutrition.
- Produce a record of scholarly activity in human nutrition.
- Obtain external funding to support a nationally competitive research program.
- Recruit, mentor, and advise students.
- Serve on departmental, college, and university committees, including thesis and dissertation committees.
Application Deadline: Open until filled; Review to begin October 15, 2016.
Application Procedure: Complete application on-line at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu
Applications must include the following: cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts of graduate coursework, a research statement that incorporates a clear research trajectory, teaching philosophy (1 page), and 3 letters of reference. Letters of reference are required and may be e-mailed directly to Jeannine Lawrence, PhD, RD. Search Committee Chair and Department Chair at email@example.com or mailed to: Dr. Jeannine Lawrence, Dept. of Human Nutrition & Hospitality Management, Box 870311, 403 Russell Hall, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0311.
- For further information contact: Dr. Jeannine Lawrence, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Education Opportunity Institution that actively seeks diversity among its employees.