The Department of Consumer Sciences at the University of Alabama is seeking dedicated professional to serve as a head of the Department. The successful candidate will be the chief administrative officer of the Department with responsibilities including the following:
- Supervise all budgetary and promotion decisions.
- Provide leadership and advocacy for teaching, research, and outreach activities that articulate with the mission of the Department, College, and University.
- Instruct undergraduate and graduate level courses and direct theses and capstone experiences as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for effective interaction with faculty, staff, students, and university constituents.
- Doctoral degree in family resource management, family economics, family financial planning and counseling, or a closely related field.
- Qualifications to be employed at the associate or full professor level.
- Administrative experience preferred.
- Strong record of scholarship that has included external funding.
- Previous experience mentoring junior faculty and/or graduate students.
- Previous experience in distance education desirable.
The College of Human Environmental Sciences is comprised of five interdisciplinary departments that are united through a common focus on life-span development within context. The College has a long history of multidisciplinary scholarly activity and service implemented through the constituent departments: Clothing, Textile, and Interior Design; Consumer Sciences; Health Science; Human Development and Family Studies; and Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management.
The Department of Consumer Sciences offers a bachelor’s degree in consumer sciences with concentrations in consumer affairs and family financial planning and counseling and a master’s degree with either a focus in consumer economics or family financial planning and counseling. In addition, the department also houses graduate specialty programs in sports business management, consumer conflict resolution, consumer quality management, and interactive technology.
Review of applications will begin November 1, 2016 and will continue until position is filled. The full position description can be found at: https://facultyjobs.ua.edu/postings/39149
If you know of qualified candidates who might be interested in this position, please feel free to share this information with them. If you need any additional information, please contact Dr. Milla Boschung, Dean of College of Human Environmental Sciences and Department Head for Consumer Sciences, email@example.com