The University of Alabama — Assistant Professor, Consumer Sciences
Filed in Faculty on August 2, 2016
The Department of Consumer Sciences at the University of Alabama is seeking applicants for an Assistant Professor tenure track position in the area of financial planning and counseling. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate courses.
The department offers a bachelor’s degree in Consumer Sciences with concentrations in consumer affairs and family financial planning and counseling and a master’s degree with either a focus in consumer economics or family financial planning and counseling.
- Teaching, research, and service activities to articulate with the mission of the university.
- Produce a record of scholarly activity in consumer sciences.
- Recruit, mentor, and advise undergraduate and graduate students both on campus and online.
- Develop and update online courses as needed.
- Obtain external funding to support a nationally competitive research program.
- Serve on departmental, college, and university committees.
- Completed doctoral degree in family resource management, family economics, family financial planning and counseling, or a closely related field.
- Strong writing and publication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Established research agenda with publication record appropriate for position rank.
- Evidence of involvement with relevant professional organizations.
- Candidates with credentials in the area of financial planning or counseling (e.g., AFC, CFP) are preferred (although not required).
Review of applications will begin October 1, 2016 and will continue until position is filled. The full position description can be found at: https://facultyjobs.ua.edu/postings/39147
If you know of qualified candidates who might be interested in this position, please feel free to share this information with them. If you need any additional information, please contact the search committee chair Melissa Wilmarth, Ph.D., 205-348-7954, firstname.lastname@example.org.