The Director for Student Recruitment, Engagement and Success will be a full-time, staff position overseeing various administrative and managerial responsibilities in the Office of the Assistant Dean for Student Recruitment, Engagement and Success (OSRES) in the UAB School of Health Professions.
The vision of the UAB School of Health Professions (SHP) is to be recognized as the leading school of health professions – shaping the future of healthcare. Its mission is to improve the quality of health through teaching, research and translation of discoveries into practice. The Office for Student Recruitment, Engagement and Success (OSRES) supports the strategic plan and advances it by designing, planning and orchestrating student recruitment activities, managing student engagement processes and creating and supporting student success activities such as tutoring services and student groups for SHP. The duties of the Director for Student Recruitment, Engagement and Success will include designing and implementing programs which further the goals of SHP, managing the operations of the OSRES, participating in and supporting the school’s Student Affairs Committee (SAC) and forming new partnerships, both on and off campus, to achieve the recruitment goals of SHP, particularly in the areas of diversity and inclusion.
Candidates should possess strengths in collaboration, team work, event-planning, project management, public speaking, training and/or delivering instruction and data management and analysis. The ability to effectively manage a wide variety of responsibilities is key to success in this role. Intermediate to advanced skills in the use of software and technology to streamline operations and maintain a high level of personal proficiency are also essential. An expectation of the director is to reinforce a culture of sound data collection and data analysis for the purposes of tracking and reporting results. Analyses include demonstrating the effectiveness of new initiatives, student programs, recruitment approaches, student success strategies and retention initiatives. The ability to develop and deliver presentations to report outcomes is essential. Experience managing employees is preferred.
Applicants should also have a robust background of working with students and faculty and a sound understanding of and experience with designing and delivering quality student success programs. A qualified applicant will have the ability to provide leadership in school wide efforts regarding student recruitment and engagement activities such as conducting professional development seminars, career mapping, tutoring, and mentoring programs. Duties may include but are not limited to the following: establishing and maintaining key relationships with on and off campus organizations and affiliated institutions and agencies; managing and coordinating activities such as recruitment events, school tours, orientation sessions, and commencement; coaching students academically and financially; managing emergency funds and school-wide scholarships; interacting with SHP departments to determine and address needs and/or requests; structuring activities in a way that invites participation, promotes diversity and conveys inclusiveness; and projecting a professional persona representing the school.
Job duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Establishing and maintaining key relationships with on and off campus organizations and affiliated institutions and agencies
- Managing and coordinating activities such as recruitment events, school tours, orientation sessions, and commencement
- Holding training sessions for faculty and staff assisting with commencement or other events
- Coaching students academically and financially
- Managing emergency funds and school-wide scholarships
- Interacting with SHP departments to determine and address needs and/or requests
- Structuring activities in a way that invites participation, promotes diversity and conveys inclusiveness
- Projecting a professional persona representing the UAB School of Health Professions
- Participating in Student Affairs Committee meetings and subcommittees
- Planning and orchestrating events in conjunction with campus wide programs such as homecoming, welcome week, move-in day, etc.
- Assisting with recruitment events which may occur on weekends and/or in the evenings
- Designing strategic recruitment plans, practices and approaches
- Assisting students with navigating the admission process and clearing immunization and background check requirements
- Serving as a contributing member of ad hoc committees as needed
- Overseeing the stock of promotional materials used in recruitment events and proposing new items
- Maintaining records of events and participants and preparing reports
- Hiring and supervising tutors and supplemental instruction leaders
- Conducting major selection sessions and career skills training with potential and existing students
- Giving campus referrals to campus resources to students, faculty, staff and visitors
- Other duties as assigned
(Annual Salary: $55,266 – $89,523)
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five (5) years of related experience required OR Master’s degree in a related field and three (3) years of related experience in administration is preferred. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
The ideal candidate possessing an accomplished background in higher education administration demonstrating personal cultural competence and an enthusiastic, motivated, collaborative, diplomatic, inventive, and resourceful disposition should apply. Please apply at http://www.uab.edu/humanresources/home/careers. The job ID is T39719. A pre-employment background check investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of, race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, gender, faith, gender identity. and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.
APPLY NOW: http://www.Click2Apply.net/b2jyx5vzt5