Seton Hill University — Database Analyst
Filed in Professional on August 4, 2016
The Information Technology Department has an immediate opening for a Database Analyst. This position is responsible for maintaining and managing the University’s databases and ERP systems. The Database Analyst is additionally responsible for the development and maintenance of University-wide reports. Candidates with knowledge of Jenzabar EX, Powerfaids, Salesforce, or who have previous University employment strongly preferred.
- Degree in computer science, computer information technology, or equivalent
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL and MySQL
- Familiarity with SQL Server Management Studio
- Basic understanding of a scripting language (PHP, Coldfusion, Java, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Windows Server management
- Basic knowledge of Linux such as Ubuntu
- Knowledge of Seton Hill-specific software (e.g., Jenzabar EX, Jenzabar JICS, Infomaker, PowerFAIDS, Dynamics, Astra Schedule, etc) desired
Incumbent must also have the ability to effectively convey information in-person, in writing, and through training sessions; have technical writing skills to document instructions for users; work well individually and/or as a member of a team; desire to work with students, faculty and staff and to facilitate the resolution of their problems; ability to prioritize multiple tasks; ability to work well individually and/or as a member of a team; ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations; have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; and must be able to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally.
- Manage a Jenzabar EX student information system and Jenzabar JICS portal; including upgrades, new initiatives, training and normal day-to-day support and maintenance.
- Develop new reports in Sybase InfoMaker, Izenda, or in pure SQL, at the request of University administrators. Ensure reports and data requests are accurate and produced in a timely manner.
- Configure and maintain multiple Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL Relational Database Management Systems.
- Provide database programming support and troubleshooting to multiple projects.
- Work with University administrators to improve process documentation, and adhere to best practices.
- Attend training sessions that apply to the existing database products and utilities.
- Assist Development Team with minor web development and scripting, as necessary.
Interested and qualified applicants must email a cover letter, focusing on how your knowledge, skills and abilities have prepared you for this position and salary requirements, a current resume, and three references to: Stacy Moore, Information Security Officer, shuITsearch@setonhill.edu. Deadline for submission is: Friday, September 16, 2016.
Seton Hill University is committed to having a faculty and staff that reflects the diversity of our global population. AA/EOE.