San Jacinto College — Dean of Business and Technology
Filed in Administrative on August 5, 2016
– Provides administrative leadership, supervision, and support to the technical education faculty and staff in guiding workforce education credit, non-credit, and dual credit/early admission students toward their educational and career goals
– Oversees the department chairs in performing the tracking and analyzing of program data, specifically student performance and enrollment data for the division.
– Develops collaborative relationships with business, industry, and the education community to facilitate the responsiveness of the workforce education programs to meet their instructional needs and provides communication links to both internal and external constituencies by serving on councils, committees, and task forces. Assist in the curriculum revision of existing technical program curricula and the development of new programs to meet the needs of business and industry and to stay in compliance with the Texas Higher Coordinating Board.
– Facilitates and directs the submission of campus technical education programs’ curricula revisions to the Texas Higher Educating Coordinating Board and serve as the official contact person for the campus for all technical education programs’ curriculum-related issues excluding Health Sciences programs.
– Guides and directs the planning and assessment process that leads to continuous improvement in the technical education instructional programs that will result in Southern Association of Colleges compliance relative to institutional effectiveness standards.
– Facilitates the administrative oversight over campus Carl D. Perkins Federal Grant that provides items such as equipment and supplies for workforce education programs; professional development for workforce education faculty, administrators and professional staff; special services to students with disabilities; and library books and periodicals for new programs under development or programs that have been recently implemented. Works with colleagues in college district to develop the Annual Carl Perkins Grant Application.
– Completes the Annual Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Self-Evaluation of all of the campus workforce education programs and co-facilitate the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Institutional Effectiveness Site Visit every four years on all of the campus workforce education programs.
– Serves as an advocate and resource for faculty, students, and the community in addressing instructional needs related to career and technical training and transfer education by serving on the Campus Curriculum Sub-Committee and Instruction and Students Services Council which requires reading and reviewing academic and technical education program curriculum revision proposals and new program proposals and verifies that there is compliance with the Guidelines for Instructional Programs in Workforce Education (GIPWE), Lower-Division Academic Course Guide Manual (LDACGM), and/or Workforce Education Course Manual (WECM).
– Plans and administers budgets and facilitates the allocation of resources (capital/human/fiscal/physical) to accomplish instructional objectives through excellence and innovation and provides leadership, direction, and administrative support to the faculty and staff to enhance the teaching and learning processes in the programs within the division.
– Reviews and approves the Statement of Qualification for full-time and adjunct instructors for all workforce education programs to ensure that all instructors meet the qualifications of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Leads the campus Business and Technology programs in the program review process.
– Oversees the performance management process. Works with the department chair to perform activities related to performance management within the subdivisions and programs.