Pratt Institute — Assistant Director for Diversity and Inclusion
Filed in Administrative on August 30, 2016
The Assistant Director will provide critical leadership and support for the Institute’s Diversity Initiative, with a particular focus on recruitment and retention of faculty and staff; promote positive campus climate and act as an advocate for issues of diversity and inclusion within the Institute community, through training and development programs and focused initiatives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with staff and faculty across the Institute to facilitate the successful implementation of new programs to support the Diversity Initiative.
- In conjunction with Institute representatives, develop strategies to increase diversity of applicant pools; guide departmental staff through the hiring process, as necessary; provide coaching on interview techniques, minimizing unconscious bias, diversity strategies, compliance, and legal requirements.
- Provide critical guidance and support to hiring managers and search committees with recruitment and hiring efforts, with an emphasis on diversity.
- Implement good faith efforts to increase diversity of qualified applicants for employment
- Provide strategies, solutions, training, tools, resources related to diversity and inclusion, and serve as a resource for advisement and consultation on issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strive to build internal awareness for diversity and inclusion through appropriate programming.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, Student Affairs, and other Institute offices, coordinate and lead, as appropriate, diversity training, education and outreach programming for faculty and staff.
- Provide support as necessary for federal and foundation grant proposals related to diversity.
- Works in cooperation with diversity and inclusion-oriented constituent groups on campus
- Other related duties
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant Master’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience, preferably within higher education.
- HR, Diversity and/or other certification(s) preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices in diversity and inclusion programming and training, and experience leading training and education programs for a variety of constituencies; strong presentation, facilitation, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion; in-depth knowledge of the educational benefits of diversity and high level of cultural competence also essential.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local equal employment law.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references online through the Pratt ATS.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE