Pomona College — Associate Director, Experiential Programs & Employer Relations
Filed in Administrative on August 5, 2016
Located 35 miles east of Los Angeles, Pomona College sits on a campus designed to recreate the best of the eastern Ivy League universities, while offering the beautiful Southern California lifestyle. As an employee of Pomona College, you will be part of one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, which is comprised of a close-knit and diverse community of accomplished scholars, scientists, entrepreneurs and artists who are passionate about making a difference in the world.
Pomona College seeks a dynamic and innovative professional staff member who will contribute fully to the operations of the Career Development Office. With a commitment to the liberal arts curriculum and the students, the Associate Director of Experiential Programs and Employer Relations oversees the College’s comprehensive on and off-campus recruiting and experiential learning programs. The Associate Director collaborates with other Claremont Colleges regarding the joint usage of the web-based recruiting system powered by Handshake. This position provide strategic vision and leadership for a comprehensive recruiting and external relations program for the Career Development Office (CDO), primarily driven by the goal of cultivating exceptional internship and job opportunities for Pomona students and young alumni. This role advises employers on a wide range of marketing strategies, the recruiting process, and job descriptions. The Associate Director is also a part of the leadership that provides the vision for the Office. This position supervises 2 full-time staff.
Essential functions include manage, oversee, and coordinate the CDO’s portion of the 7-C Joint Colleges recruiting program. Oversee the web-based recruiting system (ClaremontConnect), consortium recruiting, and experiential learning programs of the CDO, which includes the Pomona College Internship Program (PCIP) (fall, spring and summer awards). Work with division colleagues in Alumni and Parent Engagement to leverage contacts for the purpose of enhancing career-related opportunities. Conduct outreach and stewardship with graduate school recruiters and employers for internships, job shadowing, jobs, and summer employment. Establish and review on-campus recruiting policies for both students and employers and ensure adherence to policies. Serve as the lead coordinator for assessment and reporting by designing surveys, creating metrics, and providing reports that include employment and internship statistics. Maintain current knowledge of key industry trends and identify areas of opportunity growth for students and young alumni.
- Bachelor’s degree in the areas of marketing, business, human resources, or related field is required
- Master’s degree in the areas of higher education, human resources, business, or a related field is preferred
- Must have at least four years of experience in college career services, human resources, recruiting, or a closely related field
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills and strong negotiating skills for recruitment and program development purposes
- Competent in data management and analysis, comfort with different forms of technology, and experience in organizing, marketing, and executing career-related events
- Supervisory experience required
- Must have an understanding of employment and higher education laws
- Valid driver’s license required or equivalent means of reliable transportation to off-site meetings and events
The regular hours for this full time position are at least 40 hours per week on a variable schedule. Holiday, weekend and evening work hours will be required. Travel will be required. Regular hours may vary due to needs of the College or division.
Pomona College prides itself in being an open, competitive, and equal opportunity employer.
Applications are accepted through Pomona College.
Apply here – http://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=POMONACOLLEGE&cws=1&rid=161