Location: County Extension Office
Position focuses on one or more of the following program areas: ANR / CD / FCS / 4-H
POSITION DESCRIPTION / HOW TO APPLY: http://jobs.osu.edu/
Educator position headquartered in county OSU Extension Office. Position functions as a team member with county, state, region, and EERA OSU Extension professions. Provides leadership for development and delivery of various program area components of the OSU Extension program. Works collaboratively with teams of OSU Extension professionals and local agency leaders and volunteers to provide program area programming within one of the nine Extension Education and Research Areas (EERA). Specific Educator position may include many of the following duties:
- Works closely with local advisory committees and volunteers to conduct needs assessment and priority setting to determine emphasis of educational programs.
- Provides minimum of 25% statewide specialization in a pre-determined program area to the region, state, and EERA Extension professionals.
- Supports OSU Extension’s cost recovery initiatives including seeking grants and contracts for OSU Extension’s various program areas.
- Utilizes variety of education program delivery methods and teaching techniques which may include: distance education, electronic media, newsletters, individual and group meetings, demonstrations, workshops, seminars, broadcast media, and capacity building to accomplish educational goals and reach target audiences.
- Works collaboratively with Extension educators in all program areas (Agriculture and Natural Resources, 4-H Youth Development, Community Development, and Family and Consumer Sciences), where interdisciplinary efforts are needed to meet broad issues or carry out major programming efforts.
- Serves as educational advisor and liaison for the Ohio State University Extension and the University to appropriate public issue and program related organizations. Represents OSU Extension and the University with federal, state and local agencies and educational institutions at the local community level.
- Ensures diversity among potential clientele and learners and equal access to programs and facilities without regard to age, race, creed, color, handicap, sex, sexual orientation, developmental disability, national origin, marital status, arrest or non-program related conviction record.
- 10% of Educator’s time will be dedicated to statewide issues.
Earned Master’s degree at the time of hire required. Internal and external applicants for positions are also required to accurately self-disclose all criminal convictions when they apply. Background checks will be conducted on internal and external final candidates. Final candidate offer is contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies or practices based upon the criminal background check.
Commensurate with experience/credentials. Must provide own transportation with mileage allowance at the Department of Extension rate.
OTHER BENEFITS OFFERED
Group life, medical-surgical, major medical, hospitalization, vision, dental and disability insurance, retirement plans, Workers’ Compensation, annual vacation, OSU fee allowance and sick leave.
THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY STATUS, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.
- Ohio State University online application – http://jobs.osu.edu/ EMAIL ITEMS 2 – 5 TO: Toni Marie Bahnsen email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Five professional references with email addresses
- Official copies of graduate and undergraduate transcripts showing conferred dates