Hudson Valley Community College — Director of Human Resources
Filed in Administrative on August 3, 2016
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Non-Teaching Professional staff of Hudson Valley Community College, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy, New York.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
I. Minimum Qualifications for Employment
An earned Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in Human Resource Management, Business Administration Management or related field; 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience related to Human Resources in a unionized environment in educational or public sector employment; demonstrated experience in collective bargaining, contract administration, Civil Service personnel administration, staff training and development and affirmative action; familiarity with ADA, FLSA, FMLA, EEO and OFCCP regulations as well as other Federal and State laws governing employment required.
II. Position Characteristics
The Director of Human Resources is a key management position with supervisory level responsibilities for the development and execution of College-wide policies and procedures for personnel administration, Human Resource development and affirmative action. The Director of Human Resources will work closely and collaboratively with the Vice Presidents, Deans, department heads, College legal counsels, as well as all members of the College community.
III. Nature and Scope of Duties
The Director of Human Resources reports to the Vice President for Administration and Finance and performs the following duties:
- Establishes and implements Human Resource efforts that effectively communicate and support the College’s mission and strategic vision.
- Serves as a member of the College’s collective bargaining team.
- Provides a liaison between the College and the Rensselaer County Civil Service Office regarding the employment of Civil Service employees.
- Recommends and implements College policies and procedures relating to personnel administration.
- Develops and implements comprehensive compensation and benefit plans to meet the human capital needs of the College.
- Recommends classifications for new positions.
- Assists with the preparation of job descriptions and recommendation of salary placement for new employees.
- Assists with performance evaluations, salary reviews and promotions.
- Acts as a resource for pertinent labor law as enacted or modified by legislative action or judicial review to ensure strict compliance to labor laws.
- Provides overall leadership and guidance to the Human Resource function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits.
- Provides management and supervisory training to aid in maintenance of satisfactory labor relations and effective human resource utilization by assisting in upgrading staff capabilities through staff development and training opportunities.
- Ensures contract compliance and administration and interprets the conditions of employment, including benefits, hours of labor, grievance procedures, arbitrations, etc.
- Oversees records administration, including file maintenance, verification and notification of employee personnel files and maintaining personnel data systems.
- Serves as the institutional representative for the Employee Assistance Program.
- Provides direct supervision of the Associate Director of Human Resources, Affirmative Action Consultant, and Operations Assistant-Administration.
- Serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or assigned.
For full consideration, applications should be submitted by October 7, 2016.
The position will remain open until filled.
To access employment information please visit our web site at www.hvcc.edu/jobs
PLEASE RESPOND TO:
Office of Human Resources
Hudson Valley Community College
80 Vandenburgh Avenue
Troy, New York 12180
FAX NUMBER (518) 629-4874
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.