Heidelberg University — Director of Multicultural Student Affairs
Filed in Administrative on August 16, 2016
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Multicultural Student Affairs in the Student Affairs division. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
Reporting to the Dean of Student Affairs, the Director of Multicultural Student Affairs is responsible for developing and facilitating programs and services for to build an inclusive campus; to support the efforts for recruiting and retaining diverse students to foster an academically just environment; to educate and show respect for multiculturalism, improve awareness and appreciation of multiculturalism and diversity and contribute to a positive campus climate. This position works collaboratively with a wide variety of administrative and academic departments across the university community to promote programs and campus-wide systems which complement underrepresented students’ overall academic experience.
The successful candidate will have experience and qualifications, including:
- A Master’s degree in multicultural affairs, student personnel, counseling, or related field.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of student affairs experience with multicultural and diversity education of campus and community leadership and commitment to the development of diverse populations.
- Ability to assess program needs and develop and coordinate new programming initiatives.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity in all its forms, including a track record of individual action and institutional programming.
- Excellent written communication skills, and the ability to speak persuasively and professionally to a variety of audiences, including students, parents, faculty, and alumni.
- A demonstrated leadership style that builds confidence in staff, promotes teamwork, enhances creativity and motivation, and builds consensus in a high-energy and high-task environment.
- A tolerance for ambiguity and a willingness to manage diverse and frequently changing assignments, particularly the ability to do so with a positive attitude and a sense of humor in a high-task environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to serve as a member of the campus on-call response team comprising of evening, night, and weekend on-call duty (rotational).
- Experience with budgetary and fiscal management of programming and organization funds and accounts.
- Ability and commitment to advocating for student success.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work.
For consideration, or to obtain additional information, please visit https://www.heidelberg.edu/careers. Review of candidates will begin upon receipt and will continue until the position has been filled.