Reporting to the Assistant Director of Research. Performs in-depth research on prospects. Conducts library and electronic research and works with confidential as well as publicly accessible information, with a view to assessing donor interest and viability. Develops research profiles and analysis, prospect lists, ratings and wealth analysis for purposes of fundraising University-wide. Uses in house and external resources to identify new prospects. Interprets biographical and complex financial information on individuals, corporations, and foundations based on fundraising strategies and objectives. Performs philanthropic capacity estimations and assigns ratings based on publicly available information, including insider holdings, real estate, and general demographic assessments. Works with senior researchers to analyze complex financial disclosure documents to further determine financial capabilities. Keeps abreast of current events, philanthropic trends, and Harvard’s fundraising objectives.
- Conduct focused research and evaluation of financial capabilities of new prospects and existing donors.
- Work with confidential information and with publicly accessible information, with a view of assessing donor viability. Make wealth estimations using salary surveys and other demographic information, as well as interpreting and analyzing complex financial documents under the supervision of senior researchers.
- Work with senior researchers and fundraisers to determine research strategies for identifying new prospects.
- Attend and participate in team meetings, organizational meetings, and/or professional webinars, seminars, or conferences as needed.
- Ability to use extreme discretion, sound judgment and apply ethical consideration when working with highly confidential information.
- Keep abreast of alumni in the news, philanthropic trends, and Harvard current events and fundraising priorities. Review assigned news publications for potential prospects and relevant alumni news.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Keen eye for detail required to ensure information is complete, accurate and presented appropriately.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and multi-task on different projects and initiatives.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a team environment to reach organizational goals.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, summarize and communicate complex information into a coherent and accurate presentation for fundraisers. Ability to think creatively with resources at hand.
TO APPLY: http://www.Click2apply.net/z9hn6kr2hb