Harvard University — Email Strategist
Filed in Professional on August 5, 2016
The Alumni Affairs and Development Office (AA&D) at Harvard University is seeking an email strategist to drive and nurture the organization’s evolving e-marketing automation and strategy to more effectively advance the mission of AA&D.
This full-time exempt position will manage the deployment of Salesforce Marketing Cloud to meet business needs, develop and communicate email policies, procedures and best practices, serve as a central resource to help develop templates and workflows, and convene partners to coordinate email communication efforts across University Development, Faculty of Arts and Sciences Development, and Harvard Alumni Association.
AA&D seeks to engage over 300,000 alumni of Harvard University and is responsible for a large part of the fundraising for the University, currently in a $6.5 Billion capital campaign. This is a key role that will work with business partners to maximize email campaigns that leverage SMC functionality, data, and audience research to create communications that helps support alumni, donor and prospect engagement.
The Email Strategist will also work with colleagues on data, reporting, and technology teams to develop metrics and systems for timely analysis to ensure data quality. This position will also manage QA of email templates and programs. The position requires a good command of leadership and team building skills, operational skills, and a high level of organization, professionalism and familiarity with the people and the objectives of Harvard Alumni Affairs and Development organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the AA&D managers in University Development, Faculty of Arts and Sciences Development, and Harvard Alumni Association, Content Management, Creative Services, and other stakeholders to develop and execute effective email programs
- Define service levels and standard practices for collaborative development and send of email campaigns
- Collaboratively develop email best practices and policies to be adopted by AA&D staff
- Coordinate the email calendar to optimize the email response and results
- Build, test and deploy simple to advanced email campaigns using Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Identify opportunities to maximize audience conversion through segmentation, automation, and creative improvements that will optimize open-rates, CTRs, conversions, and visits to AA&D sites
- Enhance current email processes to streamline activities in support of much greater communication flexibility/agility
- Further develop test-and-learn methods for making communication decisions and evaluating their impact on engagement including A/B testing.
- Actively monitor the industry for new communication ideas to incorporate into current practices
- Consult with the Analytics Lead and Business Intelligence teams to provide regular and ad hoc, channel and campaign, reporting and analysis
- As requested, provide strategic consulting for email campaign planning and development. Help implement and execute integrated email campaigns for constituents across AA&D.
- Manage an Email Coordinator that supports the testing and send of certain emails, including special University messages.
- Own overall responsibility for guiding AA&D staff on, and ensuring adherence to, best practices and policies for email communications and campaigns, including compliance with all SPAM laws, privacy laws, and University policies
- Monitor email sender status with major email domains (such as AOL) and work on whitelisting requests when needed
- Work with Schools and Business Units to define opt-out category governance (including creation and on-going maintenance).
TO APPLY: http://www.Click2apply.net/tccf7d4b9d