Harvard University — Assistant Director, Annual Campaigns
Filed in Administrative on August 5, 2016
This full-time exempt position reporting to the Managing Director of Annual Campaigns for the Harvard College Fund (HCF) is primarily responsible for overseeing annual volunteer solicitation activities in the young alumni cohort (classes 1-14 years out, excluding 5th and 10th reunions). The officer will be responsible for volunteer identification, recruitment (including solicitations where necessary), and training in collaboration with reunion officers who will be taking up those classes in their next reunion campaign. The position will develop strong volunteer activity in order to grow young alumni participation and engagement as a key component of the current University Campaign as well as the next campaign.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage comprehensive non-reunion gift campaigns for 3-4 classes in the young alumni cohort with a focus on managing Associates and 1636 Society volunteers and identifying (and soliciting where necessary) annual Leadership Gift prospects and future reunion campaign leaders. Recruit and retain committee members, facilitate solicitation assignments via CrimsonLink, and send regular updates. Serve as a primary point of contact for volunteers, and consult with reunion officers who are assigned as Prospect Managers to develop strategies for individual class leaders and overall campaign strategy in order to ensure a smooth transition to the reunion officers during the pre-reunion year.
- With other members of the Annual Campaigns team, assist in content creation for and execution of periodic cross-class volunteer conference calls/webinars to provide ongoing training and updates to volunteers.
- Collaborate with HCF Management Team, Capital Giving, Gift Planning, Principal Gifts, FAS Research, HAA, Operations, Recording Secretary’s Office, volunteers, and donors to further the cause of Harvard’s fundraising efforts. May work with faculty and senior administrators on events and individual prospect meetings.
- Working with other annual officers, continuously improve overall young alumni volunteer management by evaluating and measuring its success and areas of opportunity. Monitor and analyze results and trends and communicate these to HCF and larger FAS Development staff.
- Supervises a full-time staff assistant, who may dually report to another member of the Reunion and Annual Campaigns group/development office.
- Attends AA&D, FAS Development, HCF all-staff, officer, and Reunion and Annual Campaigns group meetings, as well as possible outside development webcasts and programs.
- Completes special projects within Reunion and Annual Campaigns and for the Harvard College Fund as assigned.
- The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, the inclusion of which would be in the conformity with the level of the position.
TO APPLY: http://www.Click2apply.net/mkxxgftrkm