Harper College — Learning and Career Center Program Coordinator
Filed in Administrative on August 30, 2016
Listening > Responding > Contributing
SHARE YOUR PASSION
You’re good at what you do, and you know why it matters. Here is an opportunity to bring your expertise into a dynamic environment and increase the positive impact of your talent. Apply your skills and experience in a new way, and spread your enthusiasm for excellence at Harper College.
We welcome you to inspire others, contribute to your profession, and enjoy the complete educational experience, collegial setting, and advanced resources of Harper. Share more than your expertise. Share your passion at Harper College.
The Harper College Learning and Career Center (LCC) is a 25-classroom College satellite center, located in Prospect Heights, Illinois. The LCC is specially oriented to career programming and adult education, and partners with social service, public institutions, and private sector organizations to help overcome barriers to study, job placement, and family and community development.
LEARNING AND CAREER CENTER PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Harper College is seeking a skilled professional for the LCC Program Coordinator position. The LCC Program Coordinator role is highly collaborative and interacts with our diverse area populations as well as private and social sector leaders and many entities within Harper College. The role promotes Harper College Learning and Career Center (LCC) student enrollment and retention; raises awareness and increases community traffic to the Center; develops and manages select stakeholder relationships; and fosters student and community success initiatives including onsite programming and partners-in-residence.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (sociology, social work, management, psychology, adult education or a related field).
- 3 years of experience working within an outreach or community service organization or similar. Past employment with or significant knowledge of the higher education field is a plus.
Other desired skills:
- Communicate highly effectively in English in writing and public speaking or presentations. Ability to adapt communication style to different audiences.
- Knowledge of another language is an asset – particularly Spanish, Polish, Russian, or Korean.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural environment.
- Ease in networking activities, including “cold call’ outreach to potential partner organization leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership.
- Ability to plan, assign, and supervise the work of staff and/or volunteers engaged in a variety of activities.
- Able to handle multiple tasks efficiently with strong self-starter qualities including innovation, prioritization and adherence to deadlines in a demanding environment.
View additional job duties, benefit details and complete our required online application at: http://jobs.harpercollege.edu/cw/en-us/job/492725?lApplicationSubSourceID=
Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.