University of Wisconsin Oshkosh — IT Account Manager Device Support
Filed in Professional on July 26, 2016
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
IT Account Manager Device Support – 250a.1617
Working in the Information Technology Division, the IT Account Manager (“account manager”) assures delivery of support services while working under the general guidance of the IT Director of Infrastructure.
In fulfillment of this role, this individual works closely with assigned units, developing service delivery requirements and service level agreements. The account manager documents customer systems and requirements, trains personnel to appropriately support and deliver services according to service level agreements, monitors and reports on execution and constituent satisfaction, maintaining close contact with the unit and the support staff to do so. The account manager independently resolves complex problems as needed and works closely with team managers and directors on service planning and personnel management. The nature of this position is equivalent to a Device Support Specialist.
See the position description for more information.
- Formal education in business, technology or related fields
- Familiarity with the technologies, practices and expectations of an academic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of hardware, software, multimedia and networks
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience in any of the following domains: desktop support; endpoint management; ITIL or IT service management; server administration; database administration; web development; end user training and support; classroom technology and support
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer care
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Communication skills both oral and written that are professional, effective, sensitive and clear
- Proficiency in office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and calendaring
- Proficiency with remote support and collaboration tools
- Ability to assess, develop and direct the work of others without formal authority
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to quickly organize and prioritize multiple tasks and competing demands
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituents
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion in sensitive or confidential matters
- Ability to learn new applications or complex subject matters quickly and effectively
- Ability to communicate technical information in a manner easily understood by non-technical personnel
- Ability to think critically and analyze complex or technical information
- Strong orientation to customer service for a diverse campus community
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Professional certification in ITIL, IT Service Management or comparable discipline
- Professional certification in technology standards such as A+ or comparable
- Demonstrated ability to acquire proficiency in multiple IT disciplines or service domains
- Experience working with integrated information systems
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Knowledge of the University’s systems
- Experience supporting a nursing education or healthcare service program
- Proficiency with web site development and content management tools
September 1, 2016
Competitive based on experience with average from $50,000 to $55,000. For further information on UW System salary ranges, please visit the following website: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/download/upg/UPG04a2.pdf.
Terms of Appointment
Annual contract with 1.0 FTE. There are two positions available.
Review of files will begin August 5, 2016 and continue until position is filled.
How to Apply
Electronically submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to:
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is an Equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. UW Oshkosh considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
Employment will require a criminal background check. UW Oshkosh complies with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act with regard to nondiscrimination on the basis of arrest and/or conviction record.
For UW Oshkosh campus safety / security information, see University Police Annual Report, or call the Human Resources Office at 920/424-1166 for a paper copy.